MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
emknaps

Help - Maple or Ash Paddle

Hi everyone. I am new here - just found the website today. I am going to purchase a paddle (hairbrush shaped) for my Dom. I forwarded him several links and let him choose the type/style. He picked the kind he wants but they come in Maple or Ash - he told me to pick whichever one I thought he would like best. Can anyone tell me their preferences/comments/advice on which one to choose?

Thank you!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:51 PM

hi9

any females on line now WED night, that want to talk to a male, write me now
Old 08-28-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emknaps View Post
Hi everyone. I am new here - just found the website today. I am going to purchase a paddle (hairbrush shaped) for my Dom. I forwarded him several links and let him choose the type/style. He picked the kind he wants but they come in Maple or Ash - he told me to pick whichever one I thought he would like best. Can anyone tell me their preferences/comments/advice on which one to choose?

Thank you!
At the risk of sounding stupid, are we talking about color choices or woods? I recommend Maple because I believe Maple gets a smoother finish and better texture on it. I also believe it to be heavier.

Welcome aboard the site. Come by LiveChat when you can
Old 09-01-2008, 12:36 AM

Well....I may have some expert knowledge drawn from an entirely different field.
I am knowledgeable about baseball; my father was a minor league player; that's how we would up in Wisconsin in the first place.
There's a big concern in baseball right now because too many bats are breaking. The claim is that they are breaking because players are preferring maple to ash now, and maple ones break more.
I understand a big study is being done to see if this is true. But if there is anything to it, then you may want to choose a maple paddle, or an ash paddle, depending on whether you do or don't want it to break on your bottom!
I think you have a fiery future either way.

Dana
Old 09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
emknaps

yes I was referring to wood, not color.

I ended up going with the maple, just for the smoother finish. It arrived in only 2 days and I did a little self-test on it, and am severely regretting this decision That sucker hurts (and that's with ME swatting MYSELF - I can't even imagine when it's in His hands)
Old 09-13-2008, 12:01 AM

Well, I see I'm a bit late on this one, but since I make paddles I figured I'd through my two cents in anyway. My paddles are made with cabinet grade Baltic Birch ply-wood and come in either 3/8" thickness which is made up of 7 plies or 1/2" thickness which has 9 plies. The reason I use that particular wood is two fold. First, being ply-wood my paddles are virtually unbreakable. In fact I guarantee that they will not break under normal use. Secondly, this type of wood has a low density and is very light weight which allows the spanker to have more control over the intensity level of the spanking. The 1/2" thickness will have a slight thuddy feel to it while the thinner 3/8" version will have a stinging effect, but over all they do allow for a wider range intensities and sensations over other types of wood. If you would like to see my implements you can do so by checking out www.Paddles4Spanking.com. The site is still under construction, but I do have instructions there to request a product list, with pics and pricing information.