MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 07-18-2015, 07:23 AM

More Spanking Sites Gone

Having been in a shared computer situation for the past year and more, and not able to safely access sites like here, was a relief to finally be able to do.
However I have found out that two of my favorites, Spanking Classics and Spankspot, are no more. especially miss the former, it was great.
As I mentioned in another post, it maybe that the increased popularity of blogging, Fetlife, and perhaps social media in general have led to a decline in interest in conventional spanking forums and message boards.
On the bright site Spanko is once again a free site. But the downside is that I can't access their Chat on the Apple iPad with Safari that I am now using, because Safari does not accept -Adobe Flash. Do I invest in another computer just for that? Besides have read that Adobe Flash has problems and that other systems may be blocking its use. Anyone else familiar with Adobe?
So I hope people will continue to use this site.For some things,blogs just do not work for the type of interactive discussion you have on message boards.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinluver View Post
Having been in a shared computer situation for the past year and more, and not able to safely access sites like here, was a relief to finally be able to do.
However I have found out that two of my favorites, Spanking Classics and Spankspot, are no more. especially miss the former, it was great.
As I mentioned in another post, it maybe that the increased popularity of blogging, Fetlife, and perhaps social media in general have led to a decline in interest in conventional spanking forums and message boards.
On the bright site Spanko is once again a free site. But the downside is that I can't access their Chat on the Apple iPad with Safari that I am now using, because Safari does not accept -Adobe Flash. Do I invest in another computer just for that? Besides have read that Adobe Flash has problems and that other systems may be blocking its use. Anyone else familiar with Adobe?
So I hope people will continue to use this site.For some things,blogs just do not work for the type of interactive discussion you have on message boards.
Redskinluver, things are definitely changing. We found, even in the early days of this board, that people like to roleplay and do a lot of the things that are easier to offer on Fetlife and such. The good news is that really big spanking enthusiasts sometimes do not want to engage in the social media aspect of things. That's why we're still here. Even though the interactive traffic of this site is not what it was say 5 years ago, there are still a whole lot of lurkers who do not even necessarily "log in" here. I see it in the traffic reports I look at for this site. And we still offer a lot of pictures too. I for instance try to post at least one a week. The best thing we can do is just make sure that people who DO come here feel safe and welcome, without all of the drama that goes on elsewhere.