MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 12-02-2006, 03:37 PM

Spanking In History: Stinnett, TX

I'm going to start another topical thread here which I will repeat on occasion. "Spanking in History," wherein we will highlight some item about spanking from past times. No promises on how frequently this will occur, and if anyone else wishes to participate, please, by all means do so!

The only think that I ask is that you be stringent about getting the citations or sources, so that we know that it is factual.

For the first item, I wish to thank Megan Lowry who sent this to me in the past. Megan is a member here, though she seems to have not been around much, lately.

The story is from the Port Arthur, Texas, news. I've copied the headline from the top of the news page (Megan sent me the entire page), for reference. The "10" is page 10.

10—The Port Arthur News SUNDAY. JULY 30. 1967

Suits Filed Over
School Paddlings

STINNETT, Tex. (AP) — A
17-year-old high school girl has
testified she was p a d d 1 e d so
hard at Stinnett High School last
December that she had to have
treatment from a doctor.
Emma Griffin said Robert
Pierce, at the request of Mrs.
P_ierce, administered the padling.
The Pierces, both teachers,
high school principal Robert
Montgomery, and superintendent
Harold Dalton, were named in
suits filed by attorneys for Miss
Griffin and another student, Ginger
Ann Powell, 17.
Defense attorney James Lovell
said the school has a policy of
sending pupils who fail a test to
study period- Both girls were allegedly
paddled after they failed
Jo show up for the study period.
A jury trial got underway Friday
wiUi the suits asking 511,015
each for the alleged damages.
The suits said each girl received
one swat from a man teacher
"wielding an excessively large
paddle."

---END---
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45 AM

Hmmm I'm intrigued by this thread but not sure how to build on it. I remember reading in history books about how Thomas Edison once got spanked for an experiment that involved sitting on eggs, and I seem to recall a story about the emperor Napoleon giving Josephine a spanking in public but I'm not digging up textbooks to get the stories. Most newspaper reports about spanking are usually depressing because they cast light on the negative side of it (excessive non-consentual force, etc)
Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 View Post
Hmmm I'm intrigued by this thread but not sure how to build on it.
BV, the response that you giave was fine, recalling the stories about Thomas Edison and Josephine. I'm not necessarily expecting everone to respond, but will contribute these on occasion as variety for the forum. I also will not be adding anything which indicates that it's much beyond normal spanking or CP, i.e. not any clear cases of abuse or cp that ranges too far from spanking. Neither do I expect readers to feel obligated to go out and try to find references to spanking. But for those who do, or who happen to come across an item and wish to think to post it here, it would be great.

Some of the stories might also jog memories of something that a member knows, or something from their own experience growing up, and that's good discussion, too.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:49 AM

I don't have any references for this story which I read in a newspaper, but I remember it in great detail, just like it happened yesterday. At the time, I was in high school and very much into spanking although it was a secret that I guarded with my life.

I am suprised that they've never had a reference to this at corpun.com since its seems they have reported on virtually every story of its kind. In fact, I've never seen it referenced anywhere since it actually took place in Febuary of 1968 in Corry, PA and was reported nationally by the AP. I remember reading about in my local newspaper in SC at a time when there was very litle mention of spanking in any types publications, especially the daily newspaper.

The headline read: PRINCIPAL PADDLES 70 It seems that there was some type of protest at Corry High School that involved a walkout of 70 students. They apparently demonstrated their displeasure of some issue or another by leaving the campus during school hours and not returning until the next day. According to the report, the next day the guilty students were herded into the school gymnasium and paddled. It said that they each got three licks from the principal.

I remember the article said quote, "The culprits, boys and girls alike, were taken to the gymnasium and given the punishment." The principal remarked, "They think there is safety in numbers. Physically, we didn't do much to them but if they were embarrassed enough, I don't think we'll have any more problems." It didn't mention how many of the seventy students were girls, but my dirty little teenage mind was running wild for a few days. I could visualize some of the hotter chicks, like cheerleader, etc. in front of the gym, bending over and wincing as they got their pert bottoms smacked with the board of education.

The next day their was a follow up story entitled "Paddler Wins Praise." It said that after the story broke on the national wire service, the principal had gotten tons of mail, both national and locally, supporting him for his actions. I think there was very little, if any, negative response even from the student's parents.

Again, I've never seen any mention of this story since. But I will always remember it because of the fantasies that it provided for at least one teenage boy who was starving for information about girls being spanked in the late 60s.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:46 PM

The last post about the PA. paddling was new to me. I tried googling some things like "Corry, PA school protest 1968" and also the headline. nothing.
Like you say, surprised nothing on corpun. Another possibility is the site nopaddle.com. This is a site supposed to against school CP but one that looks like it was written by closet spankos. Supposedly the owner is working on a book called "Southern Spanking." Invariably the '' case studies" he reports are about pretty high school girls.
I am not a supporter of school CP in r/l, but it is interesting to read about it, as it is part of our history.
I have thought about writing a piece like it was being reported by a newspaper. Only it would be set in the 70s during the streaking craze and involve college deans or campus police paddling streaking students, both male and female. Thats the beauty of fantasy.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:46 PM

I have checked all known sources also, Redskinluver. Since the advent of the interent I have searched extensively for some information about that incident. Even though I remember both articles partically word for word (probably becuase I read them about 500 times each) I have also thought it would be interesting to dig up some more detailed info about the incident.

Since it was reported by the AP, you would think there would be a paper trail that would have led to some mention of it somewhere by now, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

And I think you should take a shot at writing that newspaper story. I'm not very interested in reading about boys getting paddled, but if you think it would make such a story more realistic, I'd say go for it!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 PM

I think I might have something on the Corry incident. Give me some time to sift through my archives and I'll see.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:59 PM

Anybody remember the infamous Attleboro MA story from a while back? I don't recall the details well enough to post about it, but it was a landmark incident in terms of how the "vanilla" world views what we do.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:50 AM

I am not familiar with the Attleboro, MA story there, BV. Details?
Old 12-16-2006, 02:47 AM

Basically local police raided a spanking party. I can't recall if it was because of a noise complaint or because they thought they were doing a drug bust (The party was being held in a warehouse). What we DO know is that a scene was going on at the time where a woman was having her bare bottom spanked by another woman using a wooden spoon. Supposedly, some arrests were made, even though both girls swore it was consentual. Charges were later dropped.