MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 11-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Live Chat...question from a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingan View Post
Why is it that every time I log in to the Live Chat nobody else is there? Have we all lost interest in this great site? I have even tried chatting late at night and in the morning, thinking that some European or African spankers might be listening. No luck. What is the matter?
Dingan,

Good to hear from you.

There are about 3 answers to your question.

1 is people got tired of the same folks being in the regularly scheduled chats when we did them once a week. 2 or 3 perv guys would always show up and run off everyone else. Frankly, I just got tired of running them off and a lot of those guys just would not abide by general good taste, no matter how much I scolded and warned them. I also got tired of guys posing as women and women posing as someone they were not. All of that stirred up drama that I, nor other regular chat particpants, wanted to deal with any longer.

Having said all of that though, I'd be totally up for trying a regular chat again if folks here think it's a good idea. We could try maybe once a month to start with? Thoughts? I personally do not have the time to co-ordinate it, but I'd be happy to take a volunteer to do so.

2 is the forum got hit by a major spambot (which to this day, I still have to fight off) about 2 years ago. That alienated some folks. It took quite awhile to get that spam off the main boards.

3 is I found unless I personally really hammer the traffic to a live chat, folks just don't show up. I've been extremely busy with matters in my personal life the past 18 months or so and just have not had the time to give to this site, or AmateurSpankings for that matter. We are still working on a major facelift to AmateurSpankings. But this forum has taken a back seat, unfortunately.

It got to be frustrating for me to have to be the person who drove things here. We had many very active members for a couple of years. But unless I spent time with it, things slowed down. I wish that were not the case. But it was/is.

The good news is there are still a LOT of folks either surfing by here or logging in every single day. If members have any suggestions, certainly send them my way and we'll consider.

Also, I just think things evolve sometimes. Fetlife seems to be the latest hot spot to go to. That fad could end too. Who knows? But know that MySpankingForum, your old familiar friend, will still be here with arms open.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM

Chat participation

Gary: That explains everything. Thanks a bunch for taking the time answer my concerns. Last week or so I was chatting with a guy from England. He too was concerned about the situation MSF. Maybe your response to my concerns will spike some more interest in the site. Thanks again for your comments.

Dingan
Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingan View Post
Gary: That explains everything. Thanks a bunch for taking the time answer my concerns. Last week or so I was chatting with a guy from England. He too was concerned about the situation MSF. Maybe your response to my concerns will spike some more interest in the site. Thanks again for your comments.

Dingan
Thanks Dingan.

Let's see if there's interest from people wanting to do another scheduled live chat. My suggestion is we start off with one, see how it goes and go from there.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 AM

I would certainly be game for a regular chat night again. I always enjoyed them. Often times, I work until 9 or 10pm anymore EST. I'd be online as soon as I got home though or we could just start them later at night. That would actually be right after work for our west coast people.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:12 AM

Gary, I'd be all for a scheduled chat as well. I think it's a great idea.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Hottie Housewife

I don't know where to post this message and at this point don't care either. I'm here very infrequently but I have dropped by the chatroom at various times about 6 times and NOT ONCE has there been anyone there. I would say whoever the hell owns this site is wasting his time with a chatroom. I've belonged to quite a forums but never ever have I seen this before.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:01 AM

I to have visited the chat room at night hoping someone was there but no one is there tried on days when i'm off same thing i would love to chat with all of you that just posted can we all set a time to meet
Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 PM

It's as simple as setting up a time. If you want to try a group thing, just pick a time...post it and we'll talk it up. We used to have a regular weekly chat, but folks lost interest and a few dregs showed up regularly just to be annoying. But I certainly have no objections to starting one up again.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Hottie Housewife

Unhappy chat room

I should not have been so critical. Had a bad day and a few too many drinks.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottie Housewife View Post
I should not have been so critical. Had a bad day and a few too many drinks.
No problem at all. But if there is some interest in trying to do a regular Live Chat again, please respond to this thread.