MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 12-21-2006, 05:12 PM

i think that if you value the emotional experience of vulnerability in spanking, then it is essential that the top assume more responsibility for the safety of the bottom.

that said, it is the bottom's responsibility to choose who she plays with carefully, and watch the kinds of situations she gets into. i haven't ever played in a group situation or with strangers really. but if i were somehow hurt after choosing to do that, i wouldn't feel like i could blame the spanker. i mean, i probably wouldn't want to lay eyes on him again. but i would feel that it was my own fault for incorrectly assessing my surroundings or letting my guard down when it wasn't safe to do so.

in my relationship situation, the people who spank me really want me to let down my guard and let go of control and responsibility, so it's essential that i do that and trust them to handle me carefully. they definitely assume that responsibility themselves; i'd never have to push it on them. and because there's three of them, they sometimes check each other. as in, 'careful with that implement, she's sensitive with that' or 'i think that's enough for her for now' or even 'you could probably keep going.' that whole thing makes me feel doubly safe.

persephone's submission
Old 12-21-2006, 05:44 PM

"=jackie seven;1325]I am always going to err on the side of caution. I am very careful not to overdo it or to actually hurt a woman. I think a spanking should produce a delicious sting, not serious pain.

I don't know if this will make sense or not, but there lies a personal confict that I have with spanking. As much I as I find spanking to be very erotic, at the same time I am totally appalled and disgusted at any type of violence towards women. Now I am not trying to imply that spanking is violence, we all know if it is applied in a responsible matter, then that's certainly not the case. But I feel that deep down inside, somewhere deep within my psyche, I have issues with hitting a woman on any level. So when I spank, I always try to make conscious effort to apply one that is erotic without being anymore painful than necessary.

I also am a huge fan of female/female spanking in videos, literature, movies, etc. Part of that is because I don't like for another man to intrude on my fantasy. But I believe that another part of that is due largley to the fact that I have psychological issues with men striking women. However, women spanking other women sort of lets me off the hook in that regard and alllows me to resolve those issues to some degree. I know all of this may sound weird for someone who has had a spanking fetish for most of their life, but that's just how I feel personally."

I have that same issue. I am turned on,excited whatever by the whole spanking thing, for as long as I can remember.
Like some others here, I first found out there were others like me when I discovered MR magazine years ago. Looking back, I realize that the Letters and stories it carried bear but little resemblance to the spanking discussed on Internet sites today. They were usually punishment spankings of one sort of another, usually M/F and would be best described as male chauvinistic in today's context-little concern w/consensuality.
That is not what I have found on most spanking sites I have visited on the Internet. The women there are not whimpering creatures, some may consider themselves feminists(and I have no problem with that).On one side a woman even has a quote from Gloria Steinem in her signature.when she gets spanked, its because its something she is into,not something forced on her.
The world has changed. Spanking on movies or TV,for example, is seen as politically incorrect. On one level that is unfortunate-there are some actresses with gorgeous bottoms,and some movies and shows where a spanking would fit quite well.
Be that as it may, I think we first have to distinguish between our fantasies and r/l/. I like to imagine things happening ,to read or write about them, that I would not want to see in r/l. I say this: if a woman were to be dragged over a man's lap and spanked and she had made it clear she was not into that sort of thing it would be assault.
That doesnt mean we can't enjoy "Kiss Me Kate", "McClintock", "Blue Hawaii", etc. Just don't try to re-enact them except with a willing partner.
I feel I have become much more comfortable with my interest in the subject by reading and participating on spanking sites. I learned that there are others like me who do not condone domestic violence, abuse,.etc yet enjoy giving or receiving spankings.Or reading stories or seeing videos.
Consenting Adults in Real Life, save the other scenarios for fiction.
I too like F/F a lot, and have an open mind toward F/M and M/M. I like a good story. Not too keen on stories with a lot of sex, don't like father/daughter stories,somehow the incest matter just keeps coming up.
No, I am not comfortable with parental or school CP in real life,but I won't start debating that here.I have my opinion, others have theirs, and we''ll likely continue to hold them,so why argue.
Maybe this deviates from the original question- but discussing issues like consent,limits,and making sure no one gets hurt is important.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinluver View Post
"=jackie seven;1325]
I feel I have become much more comfortable with my interest in the subject by reading and participating on spanking sites.
And beyond whatever particular subject area a spanking site is about, this, I think, is one of the most profound effects of the emergence of the "spanking world" on the Internet. If I've heard anything said repeatedly by those with the spanking kink, it is that the Internet was the magic pill that brought the realization that we were not alone and that there were others, lots of others, who were just like us. That watershed realization having taken place, I think that, through it's never ending discussion, the Internet has helped to guide us in how to handle our special interest in the world, both with ourselves and with other people.

For everyone on this site reading these words, it would be a dramatically different world for us today had Al Gore not invented the Net for us.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
And beyond whatever particular subject area a spanking site is about, this, I think, is one of the most profound effects of the emergence of the "spanking world" on the Internet. If I've heard anything said repeatedly by those with the spanking kink, it is that the Internet was the magic pill that brought the realization that we were not alone and that there were others, lots of others, who were just like us. That watershed realization having taken place, I think that, through it's never ending discussion, the Internet has helped to guide us in how to handle our special interest in the world, both with ourselves and with other people.

For everyone on this site reading these words, it would be a dramatically different world for us today had Al Gore not invented the Net for us.
RG,

I truly believe special "kudos" should go out to:
Wulfram
Bernie's Spanking Pages

...2 of the first spanking sites on the internet in the mid 90s. It was a Godsend to see those 2 sites when I first got hooked up to the internet. They were trailblazers for those of us who have made spanking on the internet a more comfortable place for spankos!
Old 12-23-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
RG,

I truly believe special "kudos" should go out to:
Wulfram
Bernie's Spanking Pages

...2 of the first spanking sites on the internet in the mid 90s. It was a Godsend to see those 2 sites when I first got hooked up to the internet. They were trailblazers for those of us who have made spanking on the internet a more comfortable place for spankos!
Amen, Gary! I was a huge fan of both. Who can recall other websites from the earliest days of the Internet spanking world?