MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 12-22-2006, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 View Post
I have a good friend in the local NY scene called Nyghtowl who handcrafts his own rattans. As far as canes go, rattan is the best material to work with, whether you prefer thick thuddy impact or thin stingy-as-all-get-out.
So why do you prefer canes in general, then?

And why is rattan the best?

I'm not asking to challenge you at all, or in disagreement. I think it's just a good opportunity to delve into some of these aspects for the benefit of group discussion. Helps to share perspective and knowledge.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 PM

Hey, I may not be a Top, but I'm gonna throw in my two cents that this whole cane business is becoming wayyyyyyyy too popular! As far as I saw, it used to just be a UK thing. Nobody ever even approached me about canes until this past year, and even that was a misplaced Brit, to boot. Now it seems that everyone wants to use the damned things...

Don't you guys know those things are evil and vile? (Of course, typed as I'm pouting and rubbing my welts... LOL)
Old 12-22-2006, 07:48 PM

Of course we know how evil they are.

As noted in the "Let's get to the bottom" post, I prefer a bottom that is rosy red without bruises or welts, so I rarely if ever use canes at all. However, if the theme of a spanking is disciplinary, it really doesn't take too many strokes with a thin rattan to get a point across. I think canes are popular because of the sting they provide. Flexible wood. Thing is, there's the fantasy of caning and the reality of caning, with reality being that a cane can cause REALLY bad welts. Something to keep in mind.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora View Post
Hey, I may not be a Top...
May not be entirely unbiased on this topic, either.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:21 PM

I have aquired a variety of implements over the last year but most are of leather. It seems that most women that I have chatted with or met prefer leather over wood. However, I did add to my collection a nice short wood paddle that I aquired in Vegas this year along with a nice but wicked wood spatula that I bought at a craft store on the WV turnpike.

Trying to see to it that I have a nice variation of items that would please most bottoms.

Talk about different tastes........... I did chat with a woman this year from Tenn. who prefered the wood paddle but her favorite is the switch.

Fortunately, Tenn, has an abundance of those so I would not have to aquire one until the last minute.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Fortunately, Tenn, has an abundance of those so I would not have to aquire one until the last minute.
Right you are, indeed. In fact, I have a picture of two of Sarah in Tennessee (not at the SSC) in which I grabbed a handy switch (not too many places in TN where switches aren't handy) and made good..well, good for me ... use of it.