MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 02-25-2007, 07:51 PM

Simple question

Here is a simple question; I wonder if the answers will be simple.

Question #1: Why do the buttocks redden when they are smacked?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 PM

Smacking the skin (buttocks or anywhere else on the body) puts pressure onto the tissue below the skin. When you put pressure on an area of tissue, you cut off the blood flow (in spanking, this would be momentary) to that area by physically collapsing the vessels which deprive that tissue of oxygen. In essence, when the 'pressure' is off, blood flows to the tissue (surface of the skin, obviously and red color) into the area, almost as if the tissue were blushing.

Keep smacking the bottom (continuing pressure) and you just cause more blood to flow to the tissue to supply it with oxygen, therefore creating more redness.

sarah
Old 02-25-2007, 08:18 PM

Follow up

Gee, thanks Sarah, for taking away all the suspense....

OK Question 2: How long does it take for the endorphin response to kick in? What are the variables that control it?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM

If the question is meant to be a joke, then say so. I thought your question was serious.

What do you take me for, a biology/physiology major?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:36 AM

Not a joke!

Sarah,

That wasn't a joke at all, I was really interested and pleased to see you post a comprehensive answer. It's just that I thought we'd get more discussion before the answer - no worries.

I am interested in the endorphin kick-in, too. I'm wondering about how it relates to the length of the warmup spanking I give.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:59 AM

i would think the endorphins would be different for everyone..
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM

Sarah is right about the blood flow, coupled with the fact that the body naturally increases blood flow to just about any stimuli, and spanking is definately stimulating. Endorphins are a whole 'nother matter, though. There's no basic biological trigger to release them. We can't say, "if you spank her to this particular point, she'll drift into subspace." It just doesn't work that way. In fact, I would venture that the vast majority of spankings don't result in that big endorphin rush.

I know from my own personal perspective that I thought the endorphins were responsible for that calm sorta feeling I have after a spanking. I didn't know until I actually got that endorphin high for the first time last week what the real difference was.

It's just one more facet of our lifestyle that's part of the psychological game we play. EVERYTHING varies according to ourselves and our partners and how we interact. You've just got to find the right buttons to push with your partner if you're interested in that endorphin release.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:40 PM

Endorphins and spanking

If you want to learn about the relationship of endorphins in the scene, just do a Google search or use any of your favorite search engines -- Dogpile, Lyacos, etc. Just type in endorphins + spanking, and you will get several good pages of info to study. Some of it is simple and some is technical. I find it interesting that the subject has been actually studied, but hey, we scientists can be spankos also.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 PM

I'm just wondering how to achieve that Top endorphin high? Or is that something like multiple orgasms? As males, we are destined to never taste the experience?
Old 04-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Needed to share

When talking to my dear bottom friend the other day she was asking questions about me using the term subspace. I discribed it as best I could and mentioned that a good top friend of mine ushered me into the best subspace of my life after all-state. Her comment:

You mean I have to fake it in the spanking world like I had to with Sex!

LOL,
Kaylex