MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 PM

Model To Be Caned In Malaysia?

It seems that a 32 year old model who was convicted of drinking beer in Malaysia and sentenced to 6 strokes of the rattan is eager to get her caning behind her.

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/8866...t-says-kartika
Old 07-25-2009, 04:03 AM

Dag. She's a hell of a lot braver about it than Michael Fay was back in 93.

Now how wrong is it to wish to be a fly on the wall?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 AM

Not wrong at all BV. I wouldn't mind seeing this too. On a related note, I read a story where pop star Beyonce canceled a concert tour to Malaysia a couple of years ago because the government threated her with a public caning if she came there and performed in her racy stage outfits. Seeing how she has a bottom made for caning, I would have really loved to have been a fly on the wall if that had come to fruition.

The only trouble I see with all of this is that the Malaysians apparently have no idea about the proper way to can a lady. Don't they know that her bottom must be bare and she needs to be bending over?
Old 07-25-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie seven View Post
It seems that a 32 year old model who was convicted of drinking beer in Malaysia and sentenced to 6 strokes of the rattan is eager to get her caning behind her.

http://www.mmail.com.my/content/8866...t-says-kartika
So this begs the question: exactly who CAN drink beer in Malaysia??
Old 07-26-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
Only the Malaysians know!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
The way I understand it, Gary, there are two sets of laws in Malaysia; civil laws which apply to everyone and Syariah laws which only apply to Muslims. She is a Muslim and therefore is subject to the Syariah laws which forbids drinking alcohol. The club where she was caught was not required to determined if patrons were Muslim or not before serving them, and therefore no charges were filed against the proprietors. But there was another woman, a 22 year old, who was also arrested in the same raid and received the same sentence. But she has appealed her sentence and so it will be a while if and when she is also caned.

I guess it sucks to be a Muslim in Malaysia if you like to throw back a brewski or two. That is unless you also like to be caned, which may also apply. My only question is, I wonder if she was drinking Red Stripe Beer?

Old 07-28-2009, 12:40 PM

To be fair to Michael Fay, he received a judicial style caning with a cane the size of a drainpipe which is an altogether different level of brutaility to what lies in store for our model friend. From what I gather she is in line for a beating that is more akin to a traditional school six of the best with a Headmaster type cane, which I don't doubt will be jolly painful but is unlikely to draw blood, or induce loss of conciousness and permenant scarring. Will be interesting to know if the lady will be secured over a trestle and caned on the bare bottom as I believe is usually the case with male offenders in Malaysia and Singapore.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:52 PM

You are right, Caneman! Don't confuse the type of lashes that she is facing with that of a Singapore-style caning which is brutal and pretty much amounts to torture. Men are stripped naked and fasten to a whipping post then their bare buttocks are slashed to ribbons with the rattan. This type of punishment causes great pain, leaves permanent scars and can even result in death.

What Kartika Sari Dewi Shukarno is going to get hardly even qualifies as a good spanking. She won't have to grin and bare it. She will be fully clothed in Syariah garb. She will not be bending over and fastened to a whipping horse. She will be kneeling in a sitting position and only the upper portion of her buttocks will be accessible for the cane. The cane itself will be a much shorter and thinner model than the ones used by civil courts. It will resemble a switch more than a cane. The person administering the punishment will not be allowed to raise the cane above his head and will not be able to take a full swing. The lashes will be more like flicks of the cane than full strokes.

The whole thing is more symbolic than punitive. Its like a ceremony designed to send a message to other Muslim beer drinkers. She will most likely feel a mild sting upon impact which will fade quite rapidly. If her skin is marked at all she should have nothing more than six thin welts that will probably heal overnight. There will be not lasting damage or very much pain inflicted, except to her dignity. Other than the fact that she had to pay $1400, she's really getting off pretty easy by Muslim standards.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM

Have followed this story too . Good that people pointed out that it is not a Singapore type caning(which I understand they don't do to female criminals) which is as someone said, torture.
Whats disturbing is that there exists a legal system based on religion which permits this sort of thing to be done, the severity is beside the point. Of course one could convert-but understand that under Sharia law conversion from Islam is punishable by death-think a case like that was in the news from Afghanistan few years back.
Remember several years ago there was a case where two teenage Aussie girls got caned in Malaysia for possession of marijuana and that also was done with a school-type cane.
Would love to read the story about Beyonce getting threatened with a caning. Happen to have a link? May try to find it myself.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinluver View Post
Would love to read the story about Beyonce getting threatened with a caning. Happen to have a link? May try to find it myself.
Here's a link to a Google search for the string "beyonce caning" (without the quotes: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=beyon...fp=flbC24gbdiA