MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 01-09-2007, 06:47 AM

Black or Brown?

Okay, let's try a little guided imagery exercise. You're with an imaginary spanking partner, and the implement involved is a belt. Spankee or spanker, whichever you are, imagine yourself in position to engage in some belt action.... Now, stop and "look" at the belt. What color is it?

I am one who is very sensitive to minute details, and I actually might see a different color, depending on what type of fantasy is swirling in my head.

If the scene is fun, sexy, maybe even nurturing mental ageplay, the belt is brown. If the scene is something more sinister, like rough sex or a victim role, it's black. I also notice that the brown one is soft and well-worn, while the black one is stiff and shiny, almost brand new. I'm sure the symbolism is classic, and anyone who has taken psych 101 can decipher it. But I was surprised to realize I make such a distinction, and wondered if anyone else does too?

P.S. If your belt is some other color, like hot pink or something, you might think about consulting a personal stylist....

Last edited by Adelina; 01-09-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:09 PM

Uh, young lady, the fact is that the belt currently around my waist is black. It's pretty well worn because I cinch it up tight. There's no symbolism, it's just fashion. Though I'd like to think the imagery of me taking it off loop by loop might be pleasing to some.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:20 PM

For me, it's brown. I think it's cuz my father's was/is always brown - and he used a belt to spank us.

sarah
Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 PM

It doesn't make a lot of difference to me, but I prefer black a shade more.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:22 PM

thank goodness for the reversible belts . though I do have a solid blak and brown as well.

Gary D
Old 01-10-2007, 02:10 PM

The belt is a big time fantasy of mine...I can't tell how many times that thought has rolled over in my head. I think perhaps it is the ease of use to get to it...so a spanking for any little brat can be dealt with swift and efficiently...who knows.

However, stopping to think in my mind...the belt i always picture is black for some reason...perhaps to plant more stiffness and strictness in my minds eye...the sinister black force out to inflict dread at it's very presence.

Sherie
Old 01-10-2007, 05:02 PM

My Belt Spankings

It was usually an old warn wrinkled brown belt (worn from a lot of spankings - this guy had a closet full of belts, sort of like serpents hanging from their tails). Actually the spectrum of colors would be the worn brown belt spanking me in my light blue underwear leaving deep pink splotches on my lower butt.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:29 PM

Niow that's eerie Adelina. My image of black and brown belts mirrors yours exactly. I actually don't own any belts, well, suitable for spanking. But I do have a couple of straps, in brown and burgandy.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:58 PM

You know, I have never really thought about it. The belt pulls out a very early childhood memory for me and if that memory is correct it was black. For spanking these days the color doesn't matter. Now braided versus smooth is another matter all together. I prefer (I use that word loosely) braided for punishment and smooth for sensual.