MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 PM

The Issue of Holding Position

For several weeks now this issue of my "holding position" has been bantered about here and on other message boards. I feel a need to speak out about it and ask other spanko's what their experiences and feelings are on this topic.

I do not try to break position or even really think about it. I find that moving around through stomping my feet or standing up or pounding my fists on the mattress or bench is a way for me to process what is happening in the moment. I am not a masochist by any means, as I have discussed before. For me, spanking is about power exchange and accountability. So, I do not necessarily find the pain pleasurable. When I experience the pain, it helps me somehow to physically move as a way to physically and emotionally process it and release it. Asking me to stand perfectly still during a paddling, or not to squirm around or kick when I am OTK for a good hand spanking is like asking me to hold my breath for an extended period of time...very difficult!

On Friday night while standing bent over that bench for those 10 swats with Poppa's paddle, I had to force myself to not move with every ounce of will power in my body. My palms were sweating from the sheer intensity of trying not to move. For me it actually takes away from the experience of the spanking because I am so focused on staying still I cannot really be present in the moment for the true experience of the actual spanking. Does anyone else relate to that?

So, I know and understand the purpose of holding position; for safety reasons, and for learning self-control and discipline...however, I contend there is also a place for being free to experience the spanking in the moment and react and respond to in a natural fashion. Whatever that may be for the person involved.

So, there is my story and I would love to hear other peoples ideas, feelings and experiences related to this issue.

My dear Dr. D I will work on holding position for you, sometimes a girl has just got to move!

Veronica