MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 09:35 AM

Pain Tolerance

If this question has been asked before, forgive me.

Spankees, do you find that your pain tolerance changes throughout the month (if you're female, obviously)?

If you are spanked on a regular basis, has your pain tolerance gone up over time? Does it depend on the warm up, or time lapsed between spankings?

If your tolerance has indeed gone up as you've been spanked more regularly, what have you found (if anything) that you can do that can break through that 'toughness' you've developed?

sarah
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah thorne View Post
If this question has been asked before, forgive me.

Spankees, do you find that your pain tolerance changes throughout the month (if you're female, obviously)?

I think mine does change..maybe not drastically...but does change. I usually chalk it up to my emotions are so unstable there isn't the normal processing of pain in my head. The pain is probably still just the same as always and my tolerance should be the same as always but there is just some short in the wiring. Almost equates to difference in fun/discipline - I normally can take alot more in fun just because the mental/emotional allows it but in a discipline setting i don't remain stoic at even the slightest sometimes because of the mental/emotional sending to my brain it is more painful just due to the emotional setting.

If you are spanked on a regular basis, has your pain tolerance gone up over time? Does it depend on the warm up, or time lapsed between spankings?

I unfortunately am not in a situation where regular spankings come that often. I normally go 2 months between spankings and that is on the low end. It does seem my first spanking out the gate is a little tougher to get through and then the ones that follow in quicker succession are easier and my markings are less so I would say "conditioning" does play some part in pain tolerance at least for me. Of course i am one of the blessed/cursed few that start with a high pain tolerance so the difference isn't to extreme but there is some there that at least i can pick up on for myself. I am also one that if i'm going to play at the level that pleases me i HAVE to have a warmup. The warmup does not only take the extreme bite off of certain "tough" implements, but also increases the time period it takes to mark me in other than a lovely overall red and thus increases the amount of time i get to play at my preferred tolerance level.

If your tolerance has indeed gone up as you've been spanked more regularly, what have you found (if anything) that you can do that can break through that 'toughness' you've developed?

The only thing that i've found to break through my pain tolerance at current level is a nice long hot soaking bath....(I think i heard some grumbles from the audience)...I've only done it once but i did notice a big difference in how i seemed more tender than normal.

sarah
So there is my two cents worth....for what that is worth.

Sherie

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Very Interesting

These are interesting questions, Sarah. Even as a top, I have these issues when it comes to the palm of my hand. As I give spankings more frequently, I can last longer using my hand which is my preferred implement. However, it can still take quite alot somewhere I like the SSC. I still have the callouses on my palms and fingers. However, if I take a break from spanking, I have to switch to another implement sooner because the heat becomes too much for my hand. I've always wondered how the bottoms feel when it comes to the sting they receive.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:58 PM

Oh boo freaking hoo!! on Your poor hand lol.. i'll add my 3 cents worth later.. i just hada say that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
These are interesting questions, Sarah. Even as a top, I have these issues when it comes to the palm of my hand. As I give spankings more frequently, I can last longer using my hand which is my preferred implement. However, it can still take quite alot somewhere I like the SSC. I still have the callouses on my palms and fingers. However, if I take a break from spanking, I have to switch to another implement sooner because the heat becomes too much for my hand. I've always wondered how the bottoms feel when it comes to the sting they receive.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily View Post
Oh boo freaking hoo!! on Your poor hand lol.. i'll add my 3 cents worth later.. i just hada say that..

hehe you tell Him Em!!!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:25 AM

I think I said on the chat that I preferred to be spanked by hand, and a person, who shall remain nameless said "but that hurts". And I said, "and a paddle doesn't?" It occurred to me later he was talking about HIS hand! LOL!

--liz
Old 06-14-2007, 06:35 AM

hmmm doesn't bother my hand at all..........I think the old palm kinda likes it

Gary D.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 AM

RG's hand is worse than almost any implement we have!!

Well, when he is spanking hard with it. It's kinda nice when he uses it in a sweet way.

sarah
Old 06-14-2007, 10:06 AM

It is definitely true that sometimes a hand can hurt more than any implement...I've often wondered why...

Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_dixiedarling View Post
It is definitely true that sometimes a hand can hurt more than any implement...I've often wondered why...
That's coz we can make our hand as stiff or as flexible as we want. If we flick our wrist, you get a slight sting. If we keep it stiff, you get the effect of a concentrated swat with a wooden paddle.