MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 09-03-2008, 11:13 PM

It's for the kids

Ok friends and family members it's time to pull out your checkbooks. Our very own Tom (Okla1yankee) and Dena (sister0163) have a daughter who has the oppertunity to go to Washington D.C. and sing with her school chior at the Presidential Inauguration. The kids have to raise ALOT of money ($55,000) to pay for the trip. The school is raffling off a recliner and a set of luggage. I personally am giving $100.00 for this cause (I REALLY need a new recliner) I'd like to challenge any who can to match that. what EVER you can give will be greatly appreciated. Contact Tom and/or Dena for details on how to help.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
sister0163
This message has been deleted by sister0163.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:39 PM

Thank you Jack

Thank you Jack :

For starting this tread , though i know this is not a vanilla site , and the topic is way off subject.

i wanted to let you all here know that we are truly trying to raise the 55000.00$ and we are doing it with only 3 months to meet the goal , as we must have our flights and housing payed for by Dec 3rd.

our School is a very small school , considered a one room school house in oklahoma ,we have 246 students rangeing from K-12 grade , our choir is comprised of students grade 8th -12 ,a total of 51 students in this grade leavel who are in the choir, these students are children mostly of farmming familys , and military men and women .This is the first time our school has ever been invited to such a event . We are told that we where chosen because of state compitions our students partisapeted in last year in which they placed first.
There are to be 30 choirs and marching bands from across the whole 50 states to partisapate in this Presidentual inaugeral event, what a honor it is for them .
Our school operates the arts and music program on a very tiny budget. and the students only have 2 fund raising opertuitys a year , we do not have a parent orginzation as of yet , that most schools use as a booster club, . there had never been a need for one in the past , we are however in the process of trying to get one started , it takes a bit of time to get that in place ,
the fundign in the past for students to partisapate in any event have come from parents pockets , we are now talking of raising , what the average cost of a home in our area cost out right ! This is not one of those opertuintiys in which we can take only the students that can aford the trip. itis a all go or noone go situation , so even with us only finding out 2 weeks ago, that the children where invited to partispate ,We are trying our hardest to raise the funds ,for most this is a once in a lifetime opertunity !

If you would like more information please send me a message via this website i am member sister0163, or you can contact me through my yahoo which is also sister0163@yahoo.com

also , any contribution to our School is tax deductalbe !

If you have any ideas, that you think we can use to help raise these funds please please write me and tell me about it , We are truly very new to this kind of fundraising .

Thankyou most sincerly

Dena

so please if you can reach in to your pockets and help this worthy cause ,