MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 09-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Red face

Okay,

I know how you feel. She poked fun (really insulted) at people who are models for spanking. I'm not a video model, but my blog seems to be a pretty popular place and she basically called me (and several of my friends) ugly and fake.

I was personally insulted, but I can't live my life putting someone down, and I can't allow MY community to place themselves at that level or lower. I know we pride ourselves on being better then that.

It's why the community should just ignore everything that she does, because it HAS hurt us.

But we need to be the bigger people and stop bashing her so much on forums and blogs.

Like I said... I'm not condoning her actions but I'm not putting her down anymore then she aleady has been... she's a human being and we don't deserve to be so judgemental of our own kind.

I'm also not telling anyone not to have theire feelings or opinions, I just feel that there are better ways to deal with them then taking them to a forum post where things are supposed to be positive.

Last edited by EmmyDoll; 09-15-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddnSuzy View Post
Finally, is any of this our business? Well, she did participate in the spanking community in a very-very public way. She went to extremes to be seen and heard and known (including her appearance as 'The Princess of Spanking' on the Howard Stern Show). Then when she supposedly exited the scene... she again did so in a very public way (going on beer.com and mocking and blasting the community). She WANTED to be a big fish in a little pond. Mission accomplished there. Unfortunately (for her)... people tend to notice when a big fish is hooked (or hookered, as the case may be).

four cents there,
ToddnSuzy,

Welcome to MSF. I noticed you joined up to MSF and immediately made a couple of posts regarding Katie & Jake. I sure hope that's not the only reason you joined. Because the whole Katie & Jake thing has been beaten into the ground for the past few months now. We all have opinions on it. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, the whole situation has put our community in an awkward light. And that's really unfortunate.

We've had this forum going for almost a year now and the response and participation have been absolutely beyond our wildest imaginations. One of the reasons WHY that's been is that we have all done a good job of stopping flame wars and respecting people's opinions.

Having said that, I'm hoping this is the end of the Katie & Jake discussion unless new information arrives. We've beaten it into the ground. It's a hot-button topic that seems to trigger lots of emotion. Let's table it unless something new and relevant comes up.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:51 PM

I think the only reason this lady got arrested was because there was money involved, and the government didn't get their share of it.

Gerald
Old 09-15-2007, 05:36 PM

Okay, once upon a time Ian and I discussed the technicalities involved should I ever want to become a professional disciplinarian/Domme. (Yeah, yeah, those who know me are laughing their asses off at the thought.) Anyways, I wasn't convinced that it would be totally legal. I was concerned that it might be considered prostitution, despite that I would never engage in sex acts in such a situation. His solution was that all I would need is an entertainer's license, and it makes it completely legal. I've never even heard of an entertainer's license, but I trust him to be a knowledgeable source. Especially since he's friends with many of the top pro Dommes and they must have some secrets for success.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this or have you ever heard of this? Is this a way of making it look like extreme theater, rather than sexual lewdness in the eyes of the law? I mean, surely there should be some way in which we can engage all the facets of our consentual lifestyle without fear of the judicial system.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:32 PM

Hi garyspk

We actually were members under another name, SpankinArizona... but just moved to Florida a few weeks ago. We've mostly lurked... but do enjoy this forum (as well as a few other similar message board sites). We love to talk about lots of spanking related topics. On our blog, we're talking about our experience at the recent Shadow Lane party (our first)... as well as several other spanking related topics.

The Katie stuff is interesting too though, at least to us. Enjoyed reading what others had to say about the latest... as well as sharing our thoughts. We promise not to clutter up the board with it though... and do look forward to posting about other topics.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
One of the reasons WHY that's been is that we have all done a good job of stopping flame wars and respecting people's opinions. ... I'm hoping this is the end of the Katie & Jake discussion...We've beaten it into the ground. ... Let's table it unless something new and relevant comes up.
Since I was the one who started this thread (sorry, Gary!), let me be the one to try and help bring it to a stop. Gary pretty much stated in his latest post that he would like to see the thread come to an end and for the group to move on to other now more productive topics. So let's do that. Even if you have another comment that you would like to make, please just hold it and let this be the very last post in the thread.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
let this be the very last post in the thread.
Oh a last word thread???

COOL!

LAST WORD!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:51 AM

Let's end this thread on a nice welcoming note.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Todd and Suzy at SL. It was also my pleasure and honor to play with Suzy on Sunday afternoon. They are a very sweet couple and I'm so glad they're posting here now under the ToddnSuzy moniker.

Welcome aboard you two. Looking forward to seeing you in Live Chat.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 AM

Smile Hello from Suzy

Hello 007 Thanks for the welcome to this forum. I enjoyed playing with you on Saturday as well. Loved all your implements.

Aurora, it's nice to see your pretty face again, was great meeting both you and Ian at the party as well. I saw you playing (on the receiving end) at the party and so the thought you of being a dom is intriguing.

Gary, thanks for the update on the board history regarding this whole KS thing, I agree there are much more interesting things to discuss. I'm more chatty than Todd is and he's more opinionated than I am.. such is us

Looking forward to getting to know more of you all (make sure to hear my native floridian southern drawl

Suzy
Old 09-16-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddnSuzy View Post
Hello 007

Looking forward to getting to know more of you all (make sure to hear my native floridian southern drawl

Suzy

A Florida drawl, eh? Not sure I knew there was such a thing. Is that what Ian has? A Florida drawl?