MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Favorite spanking website

Old 09-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Nomad is a man? Oops, sorry Nomad...well, I'm not sorry that you're a guy, just that I didn't know...you know what I mean.

Sarah, too young for the "classics" we mentioned? That's OK. The way I figure it, any minute now the fine music of your era - like 99 Luftballoons or the Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire - should be hitting the Oldies airwaves...Brat.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Oh man...now you got me singing 99 Luftballons! Grrrr.....

Last edited by iggy; 09-06-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy_sandy View Post

Sarah, too young for the "classics" we mentioned? That's OK. The way I figure it, any minute now the fine music of your era - like 99 Luftballoons or the Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire - should be hitting the Oldies airwaves...Brat.
Still a bit too far for me, sandy. Those songs came out when I was not yet even in middle school. And altho I do recall the songs from the radio that my PARENTS (about your age, I imagine ) had tuned in, I wouldn't necessarily classify them from my 'era'.

Altho those songs were not from the 70's, the ones you all speak of were (and before that too, old woman). I mean, I was indeed alive during the seventies but not yet musically aware, being a toddler and all. You were, what? College age then? MOM.

No, my era was more like Metallica, Guns and Roses and the like....LATE eighties (like 88 and 89) and early nineties.

Altho I did like cyndi lauper.

So

sarah

Last edited by sarah thorne; 09-07-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 AM

While she's ranting on about her age (or supposed lack thereof), I *did* catch sarah listening to 99 Luftballons a few days ago. Maybe she's more connected than she lets on to the earlier period that she so vehemently denies.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:43 AM

OK, for a little trip down memory lane, let's see how bites the "I remember!" bait on the following (I have all of the ones that I will list):

Incense and Peppermint by _____________?

Tie a Yellow Ribbon by _______________?
(Sandy, does this one go beside Brand New Key for your collection of bad music?)
(Further question, in what way does this song still live with us today?)

Terry Jacks' big 70's hit was??? (Another one for Sandy's collection! )

A fun one: Spiders and Snakes

A song that would probably fit much better in today's culture: My Girl Bill

Bill Withers scored big with?

And an all-time fun favorite for me: Lime in the Coconut
Who did THAT one?

Of course, sarah would claim that she knows none of these songs, but the truth is that she gets to hear them from time to time here.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:33 PM

O.K. here goes (sans google!)

1. Strawberry Alarm Clock
2. Tony Orlando and Dawn
3. Chevy Van
4. damn! can't think of it
5. damn again!!
6. Lean on Me
7. and for the trifecta, damn again!!!!!

who's got 4, 5, & 7?

How about my all-time favorite...Smoke from a Distant Fire and for the bonus, what successful solo artist appears on the album?

Last edited by rythmatic01; 09-08-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 09-08-2007, 01:52 PM

Hey, Rythmatic, good job! I'm impressed that you tried it without researching. You may not get them all, but it makes it a little more fun.

#3, Terry Jacks' bit hit, was not Chevy Van. I think that was done by Sammy Kershaw. But if there was ever a wonderful 70's song, Chevy Van was it, wasn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rythmatic01 View Post
O.K. here goes (sans google!)

1. Strawberry Alarm Clock
2. Tony Orlando and Dawn
3. Chevy Van
4. damn! can't think of it
5. damn again!!
6. Lean on Me
7. and for the trifecta, damn again!!!!!

who's got 4, 5, & 7?

How about my all-time favorite...Smoke from a Distant Fire and for the bonus, what successful solo artist appears on the album?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:30 PM

I had to look up Terry Jacks. I won't spoil it for others but it reminded me of two other songs. "Shannon", and "Wildfire"... any takers?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
Hey, Rythmatic, good job! I'm impressed that you tried it without researching. You may not get them all, but it makes it a little more fun.

#3, Terry Jacks' bit hit, was not Chevy Van. I think that was done by Sammy Kershaw. But if there was ever a wonderful 70's song, Chevy Van was it, wasn't it?!

RG, I've tried to stay out of this thread because music (especially 70s music) is my line of "vanilla" work. But since no one else has gotten the correct answer, "Chevy Van" was by the one-hit-wonder Sammy Johns.

And while you're on the subject of Sammy KERSHAW, are you aware he's running for Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi?
Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 PM

Well, at least I knew it was a 'Sammy.' Brain is only half-fried due to aging.

No, I didn't realize that he was running for governor.

And knowing you, Gary, I figured that you would be in with both feet! Don't let the day job keep you back. Plow right on through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
RG, I've tried to stay out of this thread because music (especially 70s music) is my line of "vanilla" work. But since no one else has gotten the correct answer, "Chevy Van" was by the one-hit-wonder Sammy Johns.

And while you're on the subject of Sammy KERSHAW, are you aware he's running for Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi?