MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM

some thoughts on paddles

It seems that in almost every online spanking site poll where members are asked what their favorite implement is the overwhelming response is the wooden paddle. Conversly whenever spanking starlets do interviews they are always asked what is your least favorite implement? The answer is usually the paddle. Lets face it paddles hurt, but they can be so much fun. The secret is using the right paddle...here are a few tips based on my experience.
1. Most (not all) paddles sold online or in shops are to thick and heavy...make your own. A paddle is supposed to be a paddle not a club.
2. Red Cedar or Poplar are the best woods to use as they are relatively light but will not break easily.
3. About 3/8 inch thick seem to be just about right for paddles made from either of these woods.
4. Don't leave any sharp edges. Use a drimmel tool to round off all corners.
5. Holes in a paddle look great but are not very practicle. They will cause serious bruising. If you have to have holes use the drimmel tool to bevel the edges. That will reduce the damage.
6. You will break a paddle from time to time. I could make a paddle that you could not break but you would not want me to spank you with it.
7. Never have your spankee bend over something that is to tall for her paddling. Her feet should be flat on the floor supporting her wieght while her upper body rests on a bed, chair, or her hands on her knees. Although the spankee is fully exposed and well presented in this position there is still some flacidity in the bottom which allows the swats of the paddle to be absorbed and spread out through the bottom (watch a video paddling in slow motion to see what I mean). If the position causes the bottom to be rigid the impact cannot be absorbed and excessive bruising will result. I have never studied physics but it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out.
8. Bare bottoms are great and I especially like to take panties down to mid thigh once the spankee is in position. Make a special thin light paddle for this application. Serious paddlings with a larger paddle are best accomplished over a tight pair of jeans.
9. A good paddling should leave marks, I call these souvenirs and they fade with a few days. I don't ever intend to leave deep bruises so follow the above advice and your spankee will not dread the paddle and you will have fun more often.
10. Ten licks is a good number and make her count them. Ten over jeans followed by five more on the bare if she has really been bad.

Happy spankings
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Those are some nice thoughts on the paddle...

I am trying to find that fine balance again with paddles where i can both love and hate them. I had a paddle used in a previous relationship where it was the same intensity all the time (which was all hard all the time it seemed) whether for play or punishment. The lines between the two began to fade and I was left with a sinking feeling anytime when a paddle was brought out. Of course this also had to do with bad communication in letting me know where play ended and punishment began.
I am now getting to the point where the two are seperate with lots of help from friends and my Top. I am now trying to have fun with the paddle and experience it more. Granted it still almost always comes out when it is time for punishment because it still gets my attention more than anything....well the hairbrush is a close second.

Sherie

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM

ahh the hairbrush a close second. I would consider it the most feared implement but its a totally different type of spanking to me. Specking of hairbrushes I found a great one in an antique store just the other day...added it to my collection but have not had a chance to put it to good use yet
Best Regards
Old 03-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Your thoughts and observations are spot on warmyourbottom. I use these same techniques and ideas when making / using my paddles. The only difference of opinoin I have with you is regarding point #7. I like to have the girl up on her toes ( though not always). I also have a nice bench/ stool that provides excellent bottom positioning for paddlings ( as well as canings) and leaves the the shorter girls' legs dangling a bit, unable to reach the floor. As for paddling over jeans.....it is certainly valid but most times the best a girl can hope for from me is paddled on her panties with a finale of bare bottom swats. All in all, well stated and some sound advice!

Gary D.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary D. View Post
I also have a nice bench/ stool that provides excellent bottom positioning for paddlings ( as well as canings) and leaves the the shorter girls' legs dangling a bit, unable to reach the floor.

Gary D.
Yeah...You call it nice....i've been over the thing...not so nice then....if only i were a few inches taller it might work but the helpless feeling of the dangle is not always a good one....

Sherie

Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 PM

Gary,
I noticed in some of your videos that you have a paddle that appears to be made out of burled Maple. It looks great and just havent been able to find any maple yet. By the way I am Bill, we meet at a SL event in Las Vegas last year. We tried to get together in Dallas after that but things fell through on my end. Maybe we can get that together again sometime.
Warm your bottom
Old 03-20-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmyourbottom View Post
Gary,
I noticed in some of your videos that you have a paddle that appears to be made out of burled Maple. It looks great and just havent been able to find any maple yet. By the way I am Bill, we meet at a SL event in Las Vegas last year. We tried to get together in Dallas after that but things fell through on my end. Maybe we can get that together again sometime.
Warm your bottom

Bill,

That fine paddle you are speaking of was made by a long-time customer of ours, Jay in St. Louis. We actually broke one of his earlier ones during a video shoot.

Glad you've joined us here.

Gary
Old 03-20-2007, 05:40 AM

Glad you posted that Gary S......I thought for a moment Bill had me confused with you. (Welcome Bill). btw....maple is an excellent wood for paddles!

Gary D.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 AM

Sorry about that, I now realize there are two Garys here sorry for the confusion.
Bill
Old 03-20-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmyourbottom View Post
Sorry about that, I now realize there are two Garys here sorry for the confusion.
Bill
No need to be sorry Bill...these Garys do that all the time....i'm still trying to figure out which is the evil twin though hehe

Sherie