MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 04-21-2007, 02:56 AM

Cool What were Ya'll doing?!

Ok I leave for 10 days and I come back ready to jump back into the forum banter......and there isn't any! What we're ya'll doing? The Kaylex and Emmy show even got pulled from the home page!

I would like to give props to the few who kept the chat room hopping. You are my sunshine!

Ok, so enough about that, let me tell you 10 Vanilla sayings from my 10 days in the vanilla world:

10. Bottom's up (then the american said to the translator) that's a saying we american's say to our friends..... (I was thinking: you have NO IDEA!!)

9. You know this was a bit %$#&ersome. (Terry & Gary you have ruined me!)

8. "Kaylex isn't really a vanilla girl" (some one answering for me about dessert)

7. (the next day) "I think Kaylex is a little sick of vanilla by now" (More talk about dessert but I was thinking again "you have NO Idea")

6. (a guy was seeing if I needed help with my luggage I told him I was ok, his response)...Right you can handle it, free agent, got it! (WHO TOLD HIM?!!!!)

5. (while shopping) Hey Kaylex look at these awsome wooden spoons! They have such great wooden Crafts here.

4. Kaylex this stick would make a great cane! (he meant walking stick)

3. Oh you have Arnica.... That is Great stuff!

2. Hey if the van seats are a bit hard you might want to take a pillow to sit on!

and Number 1:

Kaylex is your seat hot?... (The engine was acually under the front seats and we were overheating, still Vanilla's rarely ask me about my seat)

OK so those are the comments that got me through the week and had me laughing more then once. It's good to be back!

Needing to get spanked up!
Kaylex
Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 AM

Ohhhh my!!.. those were too funny. And those would be no big deal to a nilla person... hehehehehehe
Glad to have ya back girl!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:16 PM

<smirk>

I can see you trying your hardest not to bust out laughing, then having to explain exactly WHY that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylex View Post

and Number 1:

Kaylex is your seat hot?...

Needing to get spanked up!
Kaylex
Old 04-21-2007, 05:14 PM

I just love moments like this. Remind me to tell my "church coffee hour" story sometime. Thanks for sharing these Kaylex.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:45 AM

Wow, what a great and creative post. You have some gifted literary talent, kaylex, that you need to put to greater use in our community. I'm going to comment in detail on some of these.

Quote:
Ok I leave for 10 days and I come back ready to jump back into the forum banter......and there isn't any! What we're ya'll doing?
Apparently, the forum is not quite self-started yet. In the earliest days (are we old enough as a forum to say the "early days?" Hmmmm.) I worked hard to try and get it jump started, both in the discussion forum (here) and in chat, starting the Wednesday and Monday night things. One of the reasons that my post count is so high is as a result of that jump-start effort. At one point I even PM'ed a bunch of members to encourage them to post more (some of y'all may recall that). I would say that chat now works quite well on it's own, and is active well beyond Wednesdays and Mondays. Obviously, however, we need more work for the discussion board, per your observation. I've been almost dead recently as far as posting goes, and I'm still in the No. 1 position, which speaks to how dead it is. Maybe I can get active for awhile again. And I presume from YOUR comments that you will do your part to keep it going, too.

These were great observations! Beyond just the mechanics of writing well, the most substantial, and I think more important part, of entertaining and interesting writing is putting an appropriate them together and executing it. Good job.

Quote:
10. Bottom's up (then the american said to the translator) that's a saying we american's say to our friends..... (I was thinking: you have NO IDEA!!)
One of my favorite spanking-related common quotes. There are so many times in vanilla situations that this has been uttered, or has found it's way into print in some fashion, and I am dying to turn the words more into our world.

Quote:
9. You know this was a bit %$#&ersome
I'm lost on this one. I have missed this being used in the chat or whereever. I'll need to do some work to determine what "%$#&" is.

Quote:
8. "Kaylex isn't really a vanilla girl" (some one answering for me about dessert)
Had I been there and heard this one said about you, I would have choked, and the same for the "sick of vanilla" comment.

Quote:
5. (while shopping) Hey Kaylex look at these awsome wooden spoons! They have such great wooden Crafts here.
Believe it or not, my relationship with sarah was started--after a fashion--via a store that had an assortment of wooden crafts of the spoon variety. Someone from England asked about this store on a message board, and dutiful sarah went to it, took some pictures, and posted them on a message board to which we both belonged. Thus, I discovered that she lived in Kentucky.

Quote:
3. Oh you have Arnica.... That is Great stuff!
Now WHY did s/he think that Arnica was great stuff? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
... and Number 1:... Kaylex is your seat hot?...
Another overheard comment to choke on. I might have needed the Heimlich technique for this one.

Welcome back. Now get busy and get this discussion board back on track!

Last edited by RG_; 04-22-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Hmmmmmm. This whole dead discussion board thing has me puzzled. But it would probably be in my best interest to keep my comments to myself.
http://www.sassypaddles.com
Old 04-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanked~amber View Post
Hmmmmmm. This whole dead discussion board thing has me puzzled.
Meaning that posting activity has been quite low. "Dead" might have been too strong of a word, implying none, but the level of posting has certainly been down.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:38 PM

a few more and feedback

Thanks to all who commented. RG and others #%^$&ersome = Cumbersome; apparently in chat the language filter filters out the word cum... and in the word cumbersome it even goes a step further and filters out cumb........Go figure. We found that out one night and it has been an ongoing joke ever since.

One more saying I forgot and this goes out to Garyd always mentioning he's like to get shoe leather. In Cuba in the more remote villages the leather soles of shoes were all over the place. I was walking with a friend and he said "wow did you see all the leather soles on the ground? but then again what would you do with old shoe soles"..... Oh if only I could have told him

Spanked up,
Kaylex
Old 04-25-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post

Apparently, the forum is not quite self-started yet. In the earliest days (are we old enough as a forum to say the "early days?" Hmmmm.) I worked hard to try and get it jump started, both in the discussion forum (here) and in chat, starting the Wednesday and Monday night things. One of the reasons that my post count is so high is as a result of that jump-start effort. At one point I even PM'ed a bunch of members to encourage them to post more (some of y'all may recall that). I would say that chat now works quite well on it's own, and is active well beyond Wednesdays and Mondays. Obviously, however, we need more work for the discussion board, per your observation. I've been almost dead recently as far as posting goes, and I'm still in the No. 1 position, which speaks to how dead it is. Maybe I can get active for awhile again.
This is an interesting point.

It's been my experience that you can't force people to "feed back." We've dealt with this situation for years at AmateurSpankings. We'll go out of our way to ask for feedback (good or bad) and people just have a hard time coming out of the closet to do that. The planets all have to be in alignment for most folks to "come out of the closet," for lack of a better cliche.

Some people, like RG, BlackVelvet, Kaylex, Amber, Paully, me, etc. have become completely OK with going semi-public in discussion of our favorite fetish. Even all of us took some time to get OK with it is my guess. Most people who are curious about or into the fetish are NOT that easily outed. That's been my experience anyway.

For instance, when was the last time you came here to MSF and didn't see a rather large number of "guests" reading the board?

As long as we keep the topics interesting and varied, our quiet lurking members will continue to check us out. When they are comfortable, IF they want to, they can join in.

The one thing that will surely drive people like that away is too much bickering about what's "right and wrong" about someone's preference of the spanking fetish.

There's room here for all. And I'm glad we've got both active members AND lurkers.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM

Hi I am Puck and I am a lurker!

All valid and good points BV.

And Kaylex - see its just not the same with you Senior Members here to keep it all going for us lowly plain Members!!!