MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Spanking Stories

Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 PM

Thumbs up Late Bloomer, by Erika Scott My thoughts

I do not write book reviews but every once in awhile you read something that is so good you can not put it down. In our community books about and by fellow spankos are seldom worth remembering. “Late Bloomer” is an exception to that rule.

Erika Scott is an irrepressible presence in the spanking community. She is ageless, lovely, an unapologetic wise-ass, and has one of the most spankable bottoms I’ve ever gazed upon. If you have never read her blog then I cannot encourage you strongly enough to do so. It is an intensely personal, humorous, intelligent, and thought-provoking commentary on one woman's journey through life who happens to enjoy and is perhaps addicted to the whole spanking scene and the pleasures and pitfalls she experiences on the way. It has made me laugh, moved me to tears, and always left me cheering for the tender but tough lady.
When I heard she was going to write an autobiography I expected it to be well written and interesting. I can attest that it certainly was that and so much more. It's a coming-of-age story that is brutally honest. Filled with all the personal experiences, both good and bad, she went through from childhood into adulthood. It is at times moving and then it is also laugh out loud funny.
The Title, “Late Bloomer” describes her coming out of sorts, into the spanking community at 38. From there she took the bold step to dive into spanking videos when she was 42. The incredible amount of people she has met along her life’s journey amazes me. “Hell; as a teen she rode to school with Jamie Lee Curtis!” and that’s just one of the many Hollywood elite she grew up around.
She describes her experiences in a way that I found highly entertaining. If you are a fan of spanking videos and wondered what really happens behind the scenes then her book is for you. If you are a closeted spanko her book may very well help you find your way to fulfilling your fantasy. Finally if you are like me, a fan of all things Erika and her blog you will find this book well worth the time.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM

I have not read Erica's book. But I am a huge fan of hers. If you're reading this note and have always wanted to participate in some spanking play, maybe even at one of the Shadow Lane or TASSP events, Erica is the best person I've ever heard at explaining how to do that. She speaks from experience. And she speaks from the heart.

I highly recommend anything she's written. She is one of the absolute best people in "the scene."
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 AM

Red face

Oh for Gods sake... I spelled her name wrong, I am embarrased.
It's Erica with a C not a K. Arghhhhh....

Anyways if you do not already read her blog you should.
http://ericascottlls.blogspot.com/