MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Favorite Video

Old 07-08-2007, 08:50 AM

Question about paddling videos

First of all, I am a huge fan of Amateur Spankings. I love the concept and I think it is one of the very best sites out there, so in no way do I mean for this this to be taken as any type of criticism. But I have a question that has somewhat puzzled me for a while now.

Why are so many of the paddling videos shot with the girls straight standing up? I realize that not ALL of them are shot in this manner. But there is, what seems to me, to be an unusual percentage of them. Is there any particular reason for this? Maybe an attempt to provide a wider variety of positions, does this position lessen the pain and chance of injury to the ladies involved, or do some people just like to see girls paddled while standing straight up? Personally, I prefer a woman to be paddled while bending over with her butt in a sexy position, but that's just me.

Again, please don't take this as criticism. Its just something I'm curious about and would be interested in knowing if there is any particular reason for this, and what other's think. Regardless, Amateur Spanking is still one of my favorite sites and this is just something I consider to be a very minor flaw.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:42 PM

The first paddling I got with Gary was standing up. Hands on the wall and all that, but he was pretty picky about exact posturing. He seemed to think that it WAS a sexy position, as long as my back was arched the right way, legs were in the right place, ect... The second was just an over the desk, traditional for the school paddle position.

I guess it's just a difference in preference and visual appeal. Heck, he may have never even noticed that he tends to lean the same direction. I'm sure he'll appreciate the contructive feedback, though.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Question of paddling

I tend to agree, jackie seven, about the paddling position in some of the scenes. I guess it all boils down to what kind of position one has used while giving a paddling. I've given several in the past few decades. While teaching college in the 80's and 90's I gave several paddlings to errant nursing students and other co-eds. I usually paddled them by holding them over my knee, lifting the skirt and using a round paddle on their panties. This way I could hold the girl to keep her from squirming too much, while at the same time emphasize the scolding with an occasional hard spank of the paddle. I guess that's why I feel the same way you do about stand-alone-paddlings. I didn't always paddle in this manner. Most of the time I spanked OTK on the panties, with my hand and paddle.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:57 PM

I remember in school everytime I was paddled it was in the hall with hands on the wall shoulder length apart, butt out and legs spread shoulder length apart....so when i see hands to the wall "school scenerio" paddlings it looks the most realistic to me since that is my own person experience.

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie seven View Post
First of all, I am a huge fan of Amateur Spankings. I love the concept and I think it is one of the very best sites out there, so in no way do I mean for this this to be taken as any type of criticism. But I have a question that has somewhat puzzled me for a while now.

Why are so many of the paddling videos shot with the girls straight standing up? I realize that not ALL of them are shot in this manner. But there is, what seems to me, to be an unusual percentage of them. Is there any particular reason for this? Maybe an attempt to provide a wider variety of positions, does this position lessen the pain and chance of injury to the ladies involved, or do some people just like to see girls paddled while standing straight up? Personally, I prefer a woman to be paddled while bending over with her butt in a sexy position, but that's just me.

Again, please don't take this as criticism. Its just something I'm curious about and would be interested in knowing if there is any particular reason for this, and what other's think. Regardless, Amateur Spanking is still one of my favorite sites and this is just something I consider to be a very minor flaw.

J7,

First off, I'm confused as to why you changed your pic from Bob Dylan to a football helmet.

And you know what, I'm not sure I even knew how much we were shooting scenes with the girls standing with hands on the wall. I'm LOL because our update THIS week with Mae has her in that exact position. In fact, now that I look, our last FOUR updates have the girls in that position. So I'm glad you and Dingan pointed that out. I'll make an effort to watch for that in the future.

What positions do you enjoy watching? That's a good question for the entire board here actually. Just my personal opinion, but the only OTK scenes I like with paddles are with smaller, paddle-ball type paddles. It's hard to control them and use them right OTK if they are bigger.

And DixieDarling is correct too. I specifically remember the hands-on-wall position being fairly common in the schools I attended in Oklahoma. But the bent over position was certainly prevelant too. The bent-over-desk position is the one we always use in our Paddled At School videos.

To Aurora's comment, I think I just liked the way she looked standing up with her bottom arched out. In an upcoming scene with Aurora being paddled at school, she was bent over a desk.

Thanks for the input. I'm totally good with feedback like that. In fact, I encourage it.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:10 PM

I too had noticed the prevalence of that position in Gary's work; I assumed that it was a customer favorite and that's why Gary uses it so much, since he does his homework as to what customers like. One plus could be that, visually, you can see the whole person on-screen, whereas in a fully bent-over position, sometimes it looks like the top half of a spankee is just sort of missing, from certain angles.

I can't relate to the stand-up position; it's not one I'd fancy being in, and it's never been requested in any of my play. Paddling usually takes place over furniture with torso against table or couch or high bed, OR with extended arms and hands on the seat of a chair or a low bed. In school, it was a grab-your-ankles thing, no furniture involved.

Personally, I'm more of an OTK fan. However, since OTK is so, so common in videos, perhaps the relative novelty of this stand-up trend is a bonus, that is, an industry niche of sorts.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:40 PM
nosrettap1958
This message has been deleted by nosrettap1958.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrettap1958 View Post
Gary, as long as the spanking has a good facial shot of the girl being spanked, paddled, or something else its good for me!!!!!!!!
I agree......gotta love the Facials
Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Thanks to everyone for the interesting responses. Personally I don't like any one position to be used exclusively, and I guess the stand up position has a place in the interest of variety. And let's face, any video with a girl being paddled is a great video! But standing up is probably my least favorite position. And one of my favorite parts of any paddling video or story is when the girl is told to, "Bend over!"

BTW Gary, I changed my avatar when a female member PM'd me and said she thought that the photo of me was handsome. LOL I assume she was too young to know what Dylan looked like in 1965, and probably blonde to boot. LOL But to avoid the risk of confusing anyone else, I made the change. And with football season approaching, I decided to try and generate some much needed karma for my beloved South Carolina Gamecocks.