MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 01-07-2007, 02:38 PM

Cornertime!

Pretty simple question for both Tops and bottoms alike.

Do you use cornertime?

Is it used only in play or discipline or both?

What do you feel is the purpose of its use?

If you do NOT subscribe to cornertime, please indicate why.

Experiences regarding cornertime is encouraged!

sarah
Old 01-07-2007, 06:27 PM

No. At least, not for play spankings, and not for disciplinary spankings. I don't see the point.

But for videos? Well, those are for the viewer, and corner time serves a purpose - to display the reddened bottom, while the teary contrite girl peeks over her shoulder at the viewer.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganHeadmaster View Post
No. At least, not for play spankings, and not for disciplinary spankings. I don't see the point.

But for videos? Well, those are for the viewer, and corner time serves a purpose - to display the reddened bottom, while the teary contrite girl peeks over her shoulder at the viewer.
I have yet to have corner time. In my present adult spanking world that is. As for appearing contrite after a spanking in a video...Well I think I feel & look plenty contrite afterwards without the corner being involved.
http://www.sassypaddles.com
Old 01-07-2007, 11:12 PM

As a spanker, I don't use cornertime. It doesn't really serve any purpose and takes time that would be better spent on aftercare.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:43 AM

So far this thread is going in my favor. I'm liking y'all now. If only I can get you to go back to that panty color thread and change your opinions to favor me there. :-)
Old 01-08-2007, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 View Post
As a spanker, I don't use cornertime. It doesn't really serve any purpose and takes time that would be better spent on aftercare.
I don't see the purpose of it either, from a spankee's point. With spanking dates few and far between, I'd rather use every moment doing something productively exciting, and cornertime is wasteful since it means nothing to me. If it were exciting or meant something emotionally, which it no doubt does to some, then it would be worth it to make room for it. But not for me.

There may comes points in a scene where spanker or spankee needs a break to rest, but I would prefer to just lie down or be held during that time.

Mind you, I do it if it's on the spanker's agenda and he likes it. But only as a favor to him. Oh, the sacrifices I make.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah thorne View Post
Pretty simple question for both Tops and bottoms alike.

Do you use cornertime?

Is it used only in play or discipline or both?

What do you feel is the purpose of its use?

If you do NOT subscribe to cornertime, please indicate why.

Experiences regarding cornertime is encouraged!

sarah
I find corner time a very useful tool for discipline and can be used at the beginning, end or both.
By standing the young lady due to be spanked in the corner beforehand it gives then time to think about what they did to get them there, especially after a stern lecture on their recent behavior. they are then left to anticipate the upcoming spanking and know that in a little while their bottom will be getting thoroughly spanked which is always a good way to start.
Its use after the spanking is to for the now chastised person to reflect both on their punishment, why they received it and improving their future behavior. there is also the added embarrassment factor of them standing there bare, red, sore bottom on display like the naughty girl they are. Of course no rubbing is allowed until they are let out of the corner, hands should be on the head by their sides or holding up their skirt. Should they rub a couple more well placed slaps delivered to the top of the thighs and a warning that they will go back over your knee if they rub again should do the trick.
On a more personal note this also allows the spanker to sit back and admire his handy work :-)
How do you like me now ?
~Ian. The London Tanners

Improving Behavior one girl at a time
Old 01-08-2007, 01:51 PM

While not a fan of cornertime...it works.

I have a strictly father/daughter relationship with someone and he puts me in the corner for 10 minutes after every spanking, no rubbing, panties up, pants down - to think about it all.

I hattteee cornertime...but it's part of the punishment...then...the hugs and kisses and rubbing and lotion come after.

I don't think it takes away from aftercare, because it's part of the punishment and aftercare is for after the punishment.

Playtime? Hmm I think sticking me in the corner in the middle of a play spanking would just drive me nuts which could be fun

The only time I am against it is for extreme punishments. If I am getting a serious spanking for lying or something (not that I lie, but hypothetically speaking), putting me in the corner after will make me feel lonely and sad and rejected. Chances are I already felt awful enough and putting me in the corner won't help.

Now, cornertime won't help any if you fall asleep while the spankee is standing there *grin*wink*
Old 01-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseysweet View Post
Now, cornertime won't help any if you fall asleep while the spankee is standing there *grin*wink*
Grrrrrr I knew the minute I confessed to this that I'd never live it down. Sheesh
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 View Post
Grrrrrr I knew the minute I confessed to this that I'd never live it down. Sheesh
Oh, it'll pass, BV.

In an eon or two. Or three.