MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 01-10-2007, 05:57 AM

Belts, Reprised

Adelina asked a question about preferences on the color of belts.

Let me extend the belt exploration and ask about opinions and insights on the types of belts used. This question stems from experience with braided belts vs. solid belts. From the Top standpoint, it would seem to me that a braided belt is rather flimsy and not as sturdy as a regular belt, from a CP perspective. Nonetheless, Sarah hates them much worse than a solid one, claiming that they actually hurt more.

So what do you think?

And beyond that, what are your other insights on belts, different types, use of, and so on.

Last edited by RG_; 01-10-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG_ View Post
it would seem to me that a braided belt is rather flimsy and not as sturdy as a braided belt,
I assume you meant "not as sturdy as a solid belt," RG. Actually, the braided one I bought at WalMart is quite hefty, flexible and won't unravel for quite a while, and the report is it was much worse than my solid one, used without even doubling it. So I reserve this for severe beltings only.

I am a recent convert to the belt, btw. The reaction from the subs I meet for disclipline sessions lets me know it makes an impression on them.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM

Yeah well, I can tell ya from experience that the braided belt hurts a hell of a lot more than a regular belt. Something RG can NOT speak for.

A thread about braided belts on another forum supports my view.

sarah
Old 01-10-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganHeadmaster View Post
I assume you meant "not as sturdy as a solid belt," RG.
Indeed. Thanks for the heads up. I've corrected it.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:36 PM

in my opinion braided belts just dont have much of a feel to them like the solid ones.. ones with holes in them seem to sting a bit more as well. i just love the sight an sound of the blet comin off.. whoooo!!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 PM

I agree with Sarah. Braided belts are just plain awful, and a belt is my favorite implement. A good belt, and by that I mean supple leather, at least 1.5 inches wide, can be used to deliver a nice mellow sting or produce a sharp, discipline-type sting.

But, to me, a braided belt doesn't sting...it bites..literally and figuratively..
Old 01-12-2007, 02:50 PM

I don't think the belt hurts terribly much, it can sting a lot, and pack a lot of force, btu I think wood (such as hairbrushes) hurt a lot more. Belts seem very severe to me though...I guess it's that usually the man (in my case anyway) is wearing it and he doubles it over and it can pack a great sting and pain during the belting, and you have to bend over, and there isn't much physical contact...it just seems like a very severe punishment...dunno why.

I wouldn't let any top use a braided belt on me...it just screams bad idea for some reason...
Old 01-12-2007, 09:57 PM

I agree with fellow bottoms who say the braided belts hurt/sting/bite far worse than the other type of belts. I however do like the belt, starting from hearing it leave the belt loops, to the snapping of the belt as it is folded and feeling the first bite.... Leather makes it's own "impression" on the bottom....
Old 01-14-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm not a fan of the belt at all (not even for fun spankings), but I think the reason for that is because the only experiences I've had getting spanked with belts involve those that are too thick and heavy, too narrow, and too... unwieldy. I honestly think I will enjoy being spanked with a belt if I can just find the right kind. I absolutely love it when my partner sometimes snaps his belt after taking it off, even though I don't enjoy the feel of his belt on my bottom. The sound makes me jump, in a good way.

I'm still looking for the perfect spanking belt, which I imagine to be wide, thin, and flexible. And from reading others' posts on this thread, I should stay away from braided ones too!
Old 01-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty View Post
I'm not a fan of the belt at all...I think the reason for that is because the only experiences I've had getting spanked with belts involve those that are too thick and heavy...
Hmmm...I feel suddenly emerging guilt feelings from the last SSC!