MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 01-03-2007, 07:47 PM

SGU: Were You Paddled At School?

Spanked Growing Up Series

PandaBear's awesome posts today about her paddling experiences in school has inspired this question in the Spanked Growing Up series.

Were you ever paddled at school?

If so, please give us the details. Tell us about the practices at your school(s), and your own experiences. What grades did you get it in? What was the last grade? Who paddled? How? What kind of paddle was used? Hurt much or not? And so on.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 PM

Cool Spanking in School

Yes I was spanked in school, be it for running in the halls, A/B, DOC (Disorderly Conduct) and what have you. Even spanked when I didn't even deserve such. Much of the time, it was done with the hand or paddle and nothing else.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 AM

I went to elementary school in Philadelphia. While there were rumours that the principal USED to have a paddle handy for just such an emergency, there were never any spankings dished out by teachers. I don't think they can do that in PA.

I went to middle school (6th - 8th grade) in Nashville TN. People got paddled there all the time for just about anything. The guilty party was always taken out into the hallway and given three swats with some giant paddle, and another teacher had to be present to observe. One time, the science teacher went around checking to see who did their homework. Six kids who didn't do theirs were lined up and taken out one by one for swats. I sat there thanking the Lord that I had done mine and considered a career in teaching. TN is still one of 22 states that has CP in schools.

I went to high school in central Virginia. There wasn't any CP there either, although I believe it MIGHT have been dished out in VA elementary schools. I never bothered to ask about it. The town I lived in was one of these small towns where everybody knew each other so well that if you got in trouble over at a friend's house, you probably got spanked by THEIR parents.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVelvet007 View Post
I don't think they can do that in PA.
Actually, they could, by district and school choice, up until just this year. This (2006/7) is the first school year without it, in public schools. Private schools can still paddle.

Quote:
I went to high school in central Virginia. There wasn't any CP there either, although I believe it MIGHT have been dished out in VA elementary schools.
It was probably used through the high school level in some areas, and perhaps just elementary in your area. Virginia is a state in which it varied quite a bit across the state, with much greater use in the rural and southern parts of Virginia, and less use in the more liberal areas, i.e. the closer to Washington one got, the more liberal and lax school discipline was.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 PM

??? I'm impressed that you found this stuff out, but how on Earth DID you find this out? I'm assuming you work in education in some capacity.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
??? I'm impressed that you found this stuff out, but how on Earth DID you find this out? I'm assuming you work in education in some capacity.
I found it out because my personal passion in the spanking world is factual accounts of spanking while growing up. So I've actively researched this stuff, much like a professional historian or researcher would, for many, many years now. I've also conducted hundreds of interviews, and used to run a website on these topics, which also brought in a lot of information.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I went to elementary school in Philadelphia. While there were rumours that the principal USED to have a paddle handy for just such an emergency, there were never any spankings dished out by teachers. I don't think they can do that in PA.

I went to middle school (6th - 8th grade) in Nashville TN. People got paddled there all the time for just about anything. The guilty party was always taken out into the hallway and given three swats with some giant paddle, and another teacher had to be present to observe. One time, the science teacher went around checking to see who did their homework. Six kids who didn't do theirs were lined up and taken out one by one for swats. I sat there thanking the Lord that I had done mine and considered a career in teaching. TN is still one of 22 states that has CP in schools.

I went to high school in central Virginia. There wasn't any CP there either, although I believe it MIGHT have been dished out in VA elementary schools. I never bothered to ask about it. The town I lived in was one of these small towns where everybody knew each other so well that if you got in trouble over at a friend's house, you probably got spanked by THEIR parents.
That last sentence sure brings back some old memories........as I can remember when this was definitely something that could / would happen.
Never happened to me personally but I know of several times when it did.
Guess parents seemed to be less squeamish then and stuck together

Gary D.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 AM

I went to Catholic school in California. They had their own set of rules about discipline and definitely enforced them. I was frequently made to stand in the corner, had my palms swated with the wooden ruler, was dragged by my ears, and on occasion quite a few of us were sent to the head nun's office where we were paddled with a ping pong style paddle with holes in it. We were paddled over underwear with skirts up. (We all wore uniforms, of course.)

The reason could be anything that they did not like or approve of. Discipline was dished out for poor performance, homewrok infractions, tardiness, disrespect, asking questions they did not want to hear, disagreeing, fighting, or general sassiness. It often depended upon the nun/teacher and her personality.

I was paddled for asking an inappropriate question in class and making an inappropriate point during class discussion involving the virgin birth of Jesus.

That's my sotry!
Veronica
Old 01-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Evan

I was paddled (twice I think) in the 8th grade - California public school in the 1950s. As I remember, every teacher had a paddle but some were more apt to use it than others; shop teachers & gym coaches were the most likely. I got mine from a shop teacher for fighting on the playground.

My homeroom teacher was also quick to paddle. The culprit was called up to the front of the room and the class was instructed to put their heads on their desks with their eyes closed. We would then hear 2 or 3 swats administered. He also would take a ruler to the palm of your hand on occasions; I got that a couple times as well.

I don't know if there was a rule in place, but in practice only boys got swats in my school.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Paddled in School

In grade school I only remember hand spankings given by the teacher on the spot, and these didn't hurt all that much. One teacher would give us a long otk spanking in front of the class for our birthday and for other offenses as well, and she would lecture us about the effects of spankings on our bottoms (they feel rather warm and not to good). Another frequently swatted us when we didn't do as we were told, but they were quite harmless as well. The worst spankings were given at home or at a friends house.

In junior high the vice principal would paddle us occasionally, but most of the time we were given after school detention instead. However, we were allowed to trade our detention time for hacks, (paddlings were referred to as hacks) but most people didn't take this choice. Usually these were between one and ten hard smacks with a paddle over jeans or cords, (and it was almost always guys).

One afternoon I was caught running in the halls and was given two hours of detention, but I chose a spanking instead, four hacks-one for each half hour. The tough guys bragged about how they got out of hours of detention by choosing hacks, so I followed suit. But I also think that I just wanted a spanking, forgetting how much they hurt and how humiliating they were. I was called out of gym class in while wearing thin swim shorts without underwear and I had to sit in the office waiting for my punishment while I shivered, probably because it was a bit chilly, but also because I was nervous. Everyone saw me there in my shorts (which we were not allowed to wear to school except for gym class) and everyone knew why I was there. The wooden bench felt so uncomfortable through my thin shorts. Then when I was finally called in for a spanking, the vice principal called my parents (which I was not expecting) and then administered the spanking. My shorts were really short, as was normal back then, so they ended right at the tops of my thighs, so the spankings landed half on my butt and half on my thighs, leaving a nice red mark that was plain to see afterwards, and it hurt real bad, to the point that I was on the verge of tears. I had to go back to gym class thoroughly humiliated with misty eyes and a burning butt.