MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Give us your feedback!

Old 12-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Slow Network Response

Lately I've been having a very slow response when opening pages on MSF, making posts, and when chatting in Live Chat. It seems like after I make the click it takes the longest time for the desired action to happen, whether that be a page opening, a comment posting, etc.

I did the usual thing of waiting to see if it cleared up on its own, and wondered if it was perhaps just my computer or my network connection. But I was asking another member about it today and she told me that she is having the same problem. So now I wonder if it's based on the MSF side somehow.

Other MSF members, are you experiencing this problem?

MSF admin types, any insight?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2006, 02:09 AM

I'm actually really glad to hear that it's not just me. I was worried that I had picked up some sorta parasite that was hogging my internet resources. I've been scanning and scanning and not finding anything. I had just assumed it was me.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 AM

The answer is the holidays probably

During the holidays just about everyone is off and on the net. The servers are overworked and overbooked and just can't keep up with the traffic at times. That could be the answer to the problem. John
Old 12-26-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANHERHIDE View Post
During the holidays just about everyone is off and on the net. The servers are overworked and overbooked and just can't keep up with the traffic at times. That could be the answer to the problem. John
Possibly so!

I just responded to an e-mail from Gary about the problem, and then logged on here. Response seems to be much faster today. If the others who indicated they were slow also note a faster response, my guess would be that it was just due to increased traffic on the net in general. Let's hope so.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:01 AM

Well, we are certainly aware of the issues that AOL users have. But you guys have got to keep us posted of other issues. We'll certainly keep an eye on it.

If nothing else, drop me a private message and try to be as specific as you can with the problems you are having.

Thanks!