MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 02-12-2007, 04:04 PM

Startles - when spanking appears unexpectedly

On the old ASS / SSS forums, there used to be a whole category of posts entitled "Startles." A startle was when something spanking-related suddenly appeared in real life, and one of the keys to a startle was not to react so that everyone knew spanking meant something to you.

I'd like to share the two most dramatic startles I've ever encountered in my life. The first one was years ago. I was in the car, driving to work in the morning, and I had the car radio on. It was tuned to the "Eric and Cathy Show", which any of you from Chicago would certainly recognize.

Now Eric and Cathy have a section of their show called "Anyone listening who..." and they would have different topics. For example, one topic might be, "Anyone listening who..... had something embarrassing happen at their wedding," and then their callers (mostly women) would call in and talk about their embarrassing wedding stories.

Well... just as I'm pulling into a parking spot at work, Eric announces the topic is "Anyone listening who WAS SPANKED AT SCHOOL." So now for the next 30 minutes or so, we could listen to women calling in about their spanking experiences at school.

Now that's a startle!

The postscript is that I only listened to one story. Why? Because if I listened longer, other people might see me sitting in my car, and the whole thing was firing up my imagination beyond compare.... I mean it blew my mind. I always regretted not listening to the whole thing, even though I made the right decision.

Later I'll post my second startle - it's even better

- Patrick
Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman111 View Post
On the old ASS / SSS forums, there used to be a whole category of posts entitled "Startles." A startle was when something spanking-related suddenly appeared in real life, and one of the keys to a startle was not to react so that everyone knew spanking meant something to you
- Patrick
thanks for sharing Patrick....it definately takes me back a bit when that sort of stuff happens. I can't help but wonder if there are others around me thinking the same thing. I had an experience with trying to keep a straight face just in the past few weeks. I was taking the bus to go and visit my Top (who by the way loves to threaten me with switches ) and towards the end of my journey there was a lady in the back that needed a nicotine fix. She started mouthing off to the bus driver that if he didn't give a decent smoke break she was gonna get a switch and whoop him like her momma did her when she was bad. It was awkward for me because i couldn't hold back the laughter...of course no one else on the bus could either...but how many were laughing for the same reason i was is all that ran thru my mind.

Sherie

Check out my newly updated blog! Click the picture above.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:28 PM

very funny stuff.. even funnier i think you posted this thread 3 to many times lol.

emily
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Too many posts

Emily - I sure did post too many times. After I posted the first time, I got a "Page Not Found" page, so I went back and posted it again - twice!

Well, that's a bad excuse, so I'll have to make up for it with my second startle story. I'll write it when I get a chance - I think folks will enjoy it.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Startles

Patrick,

I had totally forgotten how much I liked that whole "startled" schtick.

It's really unfortunate that those newsgroups like ASS and SSS turned into such petty, clique-y things. If you ever see any of us here getting that way, just bitch-slap us!

I remember finding ASS when I first hooked up to the internet and it was fantastic...a great outlet for us closet spankos.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Part two - the second startle

OK, as promised, here is my second "startle" story.

This happened when I was in college. I was a freshman and in line at the cafeteria. It was right before Thanksgiving, which is the time of year when the all the Greek pledging activities were reaching their pinnacles. Just how intense it was for some pledges, I was about to find out.

As I waited in line for my food, I overheard a conversation between two people behind me. One was a girl who was (I began to realize) describing the hazing that she had just gone through. The other was a young man, may or may not have been her boyfriend, who was listening with some sympathy.

I will never forget the snippet of conversation I heard most clearly. Here it is, exactly as I heard it:

Her: "It was bad. I told them to stop."
Him: "What did they use?"
Her: (sarcastically) "Pillows."
Him: "No, I thought maybe they used their hands."
Her: "Noooo."

I did not *dare* to look at them, so obviously I didn't catch which house she belonged to. I went to a smaller, Midwestern school and the fashion was for the sorority girls to carry around their paddles. I'll leave it to the readers of this to draw their own conclusions, but my conclusion is this: in at least one sorority house, well into the 1990s, pledges were getting good spankings with a paddle.

It's not just a fantasy...
- Patrick
Old 02-23-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman111 View Post
A startle was when something spanking-related suddenly appeared in real life, and one of the keys to a startle was not to react so that everyone knew spanking meant something to you.
And then you've got people like sarah who create startles on purpose. Every so often a situation will come up and sarah, ever on the lookout for such, will pop in a comment which will fit into the situation, but will give a little turn toward spanking in some way. She just did it last night, in her class. Today at work, she called me and said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you about the spanking comment I made last night!"

Gotta love her!