MySpankingForum.com  

Go Back   myspankingforum.com Forums > Forum List > Main Forum

Old 01-15-2008, 12:02 PM

I Don't Want To!!

I plan to expand on this in my blog from a sub perspective, but here is the question......

For bottoms/subs:

APART from the agreed upon undesirables in a relationship (like a real punishment), or the dynamic of a relationship that states that one will submit solely for the pleasure of the authoritarian (like M/s), has anyone ever had a resolute “I Don’t Want To” moment with something that, in the right frame of mind, you would actually like and enjoy quite a bit?

Has there ever been a time where you didn’t want to (I mean, *really* didn’t want to) get spanked, or submit to any other type of “play” that you normally enjoy, but did anyway due to the context of your submissiveness?

For Tops/Doms:

Have you ever given a spanking, or played in any other D/s type fashion, when you really weren't in the frame of mind to do it? Was it to maintain consistency? To satisfy your mate?

Just curious.

sarah

Last edited by sarah thorne; 01-15-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
trinity26

Tape.... "I don't want to!"

My Sir ordered me to tape my pussy lips together. Normally I would be fine with this, but I was just plain out, not liking the idea. But as you said due to my subbie ways I folded, and tape my lips and ass together for my master. I felt ashamed, and a little confused for having such a " I don't want to!" moment.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM

Define "frame of mind for doing this".

I don't know any male top who will say there was a time when he said to himself "Aw, man, I have to do this NOW?? Crud, I am just NOT in the mood to spank her right now...."

Seriously, though, I'm sure it does happen, but every scene I've ever initiated has been because I seriously wanted to spank someone. And on the rare occasions when a spankee has come to ME to initiate a scene, I've considered it a big honor that I was asked.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 PM

BV,

I suppose when one does not have the opportunity everyday, basically, to spank their g/f or wife or casual spanko friend who happens to live nearby then most would jump at the chance of spanking someone.

I guess, since I have a live-in relationship with RG, that my perspective is from an everyday lifestyle thing and not from a "scene" spanking. I have indeed heard of Tops/Doms who either live in with their spankee, or have a relationship where geography allows the maintenance of a fairly normal physical togetherness, who have said they aren't always in the "frame of mind" to spank at the moment it may be needed (like in a discipline spanking).

I guess not being in the "frame of mind for doing this" would be things like, having a very stressful time at work, or other real life issues that sometimes can cause the spanking part of our lives to take a back seat.

Although my post is not really focusing on things such as discipline for the subs, it could perhaps be a factor for the Doms/Tops since consistency would be a very important thing to maintain. Several times in the past, for instance, RG has come home from work and been totally and completely exhausted by whatever has been going on there and didn't have the energy to "deal" at the moment with an infraction of mine. There was another time when I had broken a rule while he was on an overseas business trip and was not in then "frame of mind" for doling out a discipline spanking to me upon arriving home for two reason: 1) because he was happy to see me and wanted to spend the day after arrival on pleasant matters and 2) he was again exhausted from an arduous trip and jet lag.

But, he did it even tho he wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind" at the moment.

Clearer now?

sarah

ps the expansion of this particular musing is now posted on www.zedginger.blogspot.com
Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 PM

normal problem

Ok Isn't this pretty much the same thing as answering a partner who wants sex with "Not tonight I have a headache"?

I am not an expert in this area at all but I will add my two cents. I was visiting a spanko friend and staying with him for a few days. We had some great play times but nothing too severe. He Loves caning and for some reason by the second to last day before the trip ended we still hadn't done any.

So i asked him why and his response was "I just like being close to you and for some reason I just don't want to hurt you". Well that's all well and good but I wanted some intense play.

Later he went down to get some work done. When He came back up I was in a full naughty school girl uniform bent over a desk......

Needless to say what he wasn't in the mood for an hour earlier he was now in the mood for.

Sometimes I think the biggest part is helping your partner whether you're the one to psyche yourself up to do something you're asked or whether you're the one who helps your partner get in the right mindset.'

My 2 cents,
Kaylex

Last edited by kaylex; 01-16-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity26 View Post
My Sir ordered me to tape my pussy lips together. Normally I would be fine with this, but I was just plain out, not liking the idea. But as you said due to my subbie ways I folded, and tape my lips and ass together for my master. I felt ashamed, and a little confused for having such a " I don't want to!" moment.
Wow!! I can't imagine asking a spankee to do that.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:02 AM

First, to Kaylex:
That would perhaps be true if it's a play context. I think the question is more relevant to discipline situations. Say, a sub comes home with a speeding ticket feeling that dread, and then nothing happens cuz he's not in the mood to enforce a rule about reckless driving.

As someone who's worked in behavioral management (among other tasks) for nearly 12 years, I can attest that consistency is vital to achieving a positive result.

This is why I have a sort of awe of Doms who live with their subs... it's really a fulltime, 24/7 commitment, and you have to be really vested in it to do it right. It's also the reason why I wouldn't be a good candidate for that type of relationship, because my mental space can be so variable that I wouldn't respond consistently. BV tried to call me on something once when I was in the wrong space and I had a frickin panic attack. It wasn't pretty.

I suppose if the Dom is really in charge, then he could have the authority to also say that he chooses when to address a problem. Perhaps a compromise could be to say he can't do it now, but we'll talk Tomorrow, or in two days' time at noon, something like that. Give both parties time to adjust and get into the right frame of mind.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 AM

adelina, you didn't answer the question yourself!

Actually, maybe you kinda did.

As for Kaylex's answer, I think her kind of answer would qualify. I was differentiating between discipline with the subs/bottoms because I think that with those who practice discipline, most (if not every) punishment would be an "I don't want to!" moment. I know with me, it is! I am not "in the mood" EVER to be truly disciplined.

With the Doms/Tops it might be different. Altho, by the same reasoning I guess it could be said that most of them do not really ever "want" to dole out a true discipline spanking either.

Here is the excerpt from my blog for those who may not have read it, to better illustrate what had gotten this muse started, altho it was something that I normally would like to have been doing. I guess you can turn this scenario around, if a Top has had a bad day or tiresome day at work and just doesn't feel like tying his sub up and dragging out the implements for hours of D/s play when all he wants to do is go to bed. Y'know?

(*Zed is RG)

Well, apparently on this particular night, Zed was in the mood for some hanky-spanky. When it came time to go to bed (and therefore get amorous), he got into his forceful mode. Giving me commands and such. When I removed my clothing, he sat on the bed and I kinda backed away and said, “No, I don’t want that.”

And I meant it.

...............I am not certain if he realized I was serious or doing the normal playful “no-no-no” when it means “yes-yes-yes”. In any case, he took my arm and started to pull me over his knee as he sat on the bed.

................So over I went. I uttered another weak protest, but he paid me no mind and began to smack my bottom with his hand. I could very easily tell that he was not slapping very hard, but it stung pretty badly nonetheless. I can only attribute it to............... or perhaps it was the phenomenon that happens when your mentality is not wrapped around what’s going on, and you lack the frame of mind to endure it like you normally do. I tried to grit my teeth and bear it, telling myself that it probably wouldn’t last long and would be over with soon.

But, since it was stinging much more than it normally seems to, I started wiggling sincerely and saying, “I don’t want to do this.”

Zed stopped spanking me. “What?” he asked as if he hadn’t heard me. He probably hadn’t since I was talking so low and not in an assertive voice.

“I – I don’t want to be spanked.”

He paused a moment, then said, “It’s not up to you, is it?”

.........................So, despite the sting in my backside, I answered Zed’s question with a, “No.”

“Who decides when this bottom gets spanked?” he asked me.

“You.”

“It’s not you, is it?”

“No.”

“What??”

And I said it willingly, with the realization fresh. “No, Sir.”

With that, he resumed smacking. And I endured it as was required. It still stung. I still didn’t like it at all. I even almost wished that I hadn’t asked for sex if this is what needed to be done to get there. But I also remained peaceful that according to the gift of submission that I had given to him, for the one who does so much for me and rarely asks much in return, that it was perfectly well within his right to take what was pleasing to him.

oh, and Batman.....have you EVER not been in the mood at the moment to do the same kind of play when dotty was?

sarah

Last edited by sarah thorne; 01-19-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: to capitalize BATMAN's name
Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 PM

Sarah,
I guess I didn't answer the question, sorry! I'm not a submissive, so I didn't think the question itself really applied to me. If I don't feel like something, I just say so and that's the end of it. Sooo, maybe I shouldn't have popped into this thread at all! Too late now.

Even if I was in a full-time kink relationship, I'd still retain the right to say no to play when I'm not in the mood for it, which is why I don't identify myself as a submissive. It is imperative to me to have the final word on what goes on in my life. I have a number of toppy friends and my own top who are invaluable resources for me when I need advice or a sounding board to vent... but I'm the one who ultimately decides what I will do about things.

I've definitely had times I'm not in the mood to play, or discuss spanking online, or do anything involving it... so I don't. Being an object for a Dom's use whenever he wants isn't something that appeals to me outside of a scene.

I can attest that I've had sex when I was not in the mood, because I'm never in the mood, so if that was my basis for saying no, my poor hubby would never get any. That wouldn't be fair! I just go with it and do my wifely duty.

Last edited by Adelina; 01-19-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:24 PM

No means no...

I had a guy try doing spanking stuff I frankly didn't want to do.

He was going to far and was being un-safe. It got to the point when I repeatedly said no and had to actually push myself away pushing against him hurting him.

He was pissed and then upset. I don't care. I like people who are in complete control. But I think it's important to find someone who knows your limits. And is safe. Also someone who knows exactly what you want and won't leave you with doupts. Then again maybe there is no such ideal partner we all screw up once in a while. So thats what happens anyway. If I say no guys I mean it.