View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 04:06 PM

it hurt with kind of a muscle soreness, so far as i can remember. i know i told my dad about it, thinking that he would feel really regretful, but he didn't seem to be when i told him. i think that, as a child, he was subject to more severe punishment than he ever doled out to my sister or i.

as for what age i stopped receiving them, i'm not sure. i remember always wondering if i was at last too old to be spanked but being too embarassed to ask. once i hit a certain age i was so freaked out by the whole thing that i couldn't even utter the word. it was never stated "you're too old for that now," and i remember wondering if i was too old, being sure that i must be, but then being disappointed. if i had to guess what age i was, it would probably be about 10 or 11... i'm positive that there wasn't any more physical discipline after i hit my teens, although it was threatened once or twice.

i remember VERY clearly reading a children's book where the heroine was 8 years old. she did something bad and she asked her dad if she was going to get spanked, and he told her she was too old to be spanked. the character was thrilled... that was what opened up the idea, and the hope, in my mind. i wasn't so lucky as her, though.

persephone's submission