Thread: Movie Woes
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:05 PM

Part 3

Turning the cold on more than usual, I tested the temperature and decided that it was as cool as I could stand it. Shrugging off my robe, I stepped into the tub and immediately started shivering. I hate cold!!! Droplets splashing on my feet made me feel like I was walking outside in the winter with nothing on them. Reluctantly, I eased myself under the spray, front first. Goose bumps instantly raised on my skin did nothing to help me forget my poor butt. Tender skin, when tensed up, has a tendency to feel like sandpaper is being applied to it. I found this out the hard way. Bracing myself, I slowly turned my back to the water, and almost launched myself through the wall. darn! Not only was it too cold, it stung too!! Gritting my teeth, I was determined to get through this shower as quickly as possible (you know, it’s amazing how much time we actually waste in the shower). I managed to wash everything in record time and stepped out to wrap the towel around me. That’s when I heard the doorbell. Now, who could that be? I thought.

Quickly drying most of myself, I threw my robe back on and hurried down to answer the door, but greeting me in the doorway to the kitchen was a grinning Rachel.

“Hey girlfriend” she beamed “how’s it going?”

Stifling the urge to wrap my fingers around her scrawny neck, I went to the coffee pot and poured myself a cup.

“Not too bad” I managed to reply, rather coolly.

Rachel sat at the table and waited for me to join her. When I didn't, she furrowed her brow and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Like she even had to ask.

“Oh I don’t know. Let’s see….you wanted to have some “fun” last night and then you ran like the hounds of heck were on your tail at the first sign of trouble, leaving me to fend for myself. Not to mention when I got home, Nate was still up and asked what we did. So, I told him the story we came up with, you know, in case he was to ask you too.’ I paused to catch my breath and Rachel shifted in her chair. I think she knew what was coming. ‘Then, when I was done, that’s when he decided to let me in on the fact that Brad had called him up to tell him there was something interesting he needed to see and he WATCHED the whole thing on TV!!!’

Glaring at her, all I could see was my supposed best friend sitting comfortably while I stood. It just wasn’t fair.

‘BRAD?? I’m going to kill that guy!!’ she squealed.

(Rachel and Brad went way back to their childhood days. Brad was a foster child and Rachel’s parents took him in. Rachel was only about two when an 11-year-old Brad came to live there. They grew to love one another like brother and sister. Brad became Rachel’s guardian after her parents were killed in a car accident when she was 12. But Brad, knowing that her parents spoiled Rachel, didn’t let her get away with much. Still, she seemed to be able to wrap him around her finger like anyone else).

Rachel stood, walked over to me and gave me a big hug.

‘I’m sorry Amy’ she said ‘I just panicked. You know how I am when something unexpected happens.’

Thinking back on some of our schemes, I felt a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth, threatening to spread into a grin. Rachel really is a good friend but when it comes to an emergency, she suddenly forgets how to breathe.

(She called me one day, hysterically crying that I had to come save her. Terrified that she was in some kind of mortal danger, I quickly phoned 911, gave them her location, told them I was on my way there and would they send some help. Imagine my surprise when I got there and found out that I had to 'save' her from a flat tire. She didn't know how to change one! It was even better when three cruisers showed up, sirens blaring, followed by the fire trucks and an ambulance! Of course, she didn't have the slightest idea what was going on and I had to explain that there had been a misunderstanding. Then I was subjected to a lecture from the very tall, very strong and very annoyed looking patrolman on how to use the 911 services responsibly. Nate was oh-so-impressed with that little episode).

‘Yeah, I know’ I said ‘but you could have waited for me you know.’

‘But, Amy, you know I couldn't. If I had been seen, you know what would have happened! And besides, it isn't like you got arrested or anything, right?’

Oh, sure, she can see the bright side of anything.

‘No, but you can guess how Nate reacted.’ I said, lightly rubbing my backside.

‘Oh you poor thing’ she cooed ‘he wasn’t too hard on you, was he? You’re ok, right?’ she asked.

Rachel is the only one of my friends I felt I could trust enough to tell about the nature of Nates and my relationship.

‘No, he wasn’t hard on me and yes, I’m alright….for now.’ I replied.

Just thinking about tonight sent shivers up and down my spine.

‘What do you mean, “for now”?’ she asked.

‘Well, the warm up was last night’ I said ‘tonight is the real punishment.’

‘Oh,’ she replied ‘that would explain what I saw in the living room then.’

Oh God, she’s already SEEN it. groan.gif

‘Yeah, well, I can’t say I don’t deserve it,’ I said ‘and by the way, I wouldn't get to close to Nate for a while. He’s mad enough to apply some “manners” to your butt too. And I wouldn’t get too close to Brad either. You know how he feels about your “pranks”.’

Maybe it was my imagination, but I swear I saw a sparkle in her eye at the thought of that. Could it be that she secretly wanted that kind of a relationship too?

‘Rachel, I want to ask you something, and don’t be embarrassed or anything, ok? Just tell me the truth.’

‘Ok, I’ll try.’ she said.

‘Would you ever consider hooking up with a guy who spanks?’ I asked her. I saw a multitude of emotions cross her pretty face.

‘I don’t think so’ she said finally ‘no one would be able to hit me and get away alive, if I could help it. Besides, Brads all talk anyways. You know how many times he has threatened to turn me over his knee, but I turn on the charm and voila…I walk away without a scratch. Oh, yeah, sorry’ she said when she realized what she was saying.

Then she smiled and sat back down.

‘So, you gonna get dressed or what?’ she asked ‘we have a lot of shopping to do today. Unless you would rather stay here.....’

‘Don’t even think of leaving me here.’ I said, and, walking past her, I popped her on the head lightly. By now I was feeling much better. She certainly knows how to get me out of the dumps, I thought, as I got dressed. I decided to wear something loose and put on my sundress....without panties, of course. I just hoped today wouldn’t be windy.

Rachel and I went to the mall to do some window-shopping and then we decided to take in a movie. Once again, I let Rachel lead the way, and the movie she picked was one of those 'women get the last laugh' types. I couldn’t get into the picture much so most of the time I was thinking about what the night would bring. I knew I shouldn’t be torturing myself like that but it's like passing a car accident. You just gotta have a look. Rachel was so engrossed in the film that she didn’t even notice when I went to the lobby to call Nate and see how his day was going(also to put his mind at ease as to where I was that afternoon so he wouldn't think I was out stirring up trouble with Rachel).

By the time the movie was over, it was almost six, so I drove home and told Rachel I would call her later, if I weren’t too tired or something. She giggled and said I probably wouldn’t be sleeping very much tonight and ran to her car before I could get a good swing at her.

I went inside and started dinner, then I went up and took a warm shower. As I stepped out of the tub, I heard Nate coming in the door, so I hurried to dress and ran down to meet him. I had decided to try and get my punishment reduced to something a little less severe, so I greeted him with my sexiest smile, slinked up behind him and purred

'Hey there sexy, wanna have some fun before your wife gets home?'

Nate smiled and, taking me in his arms, gave me the biggest bear hug I have ever experienced.

"So, how's my well behaved girl tonight?" he asked.

Gee, he's in a good mood today, I thought. Maybe if I played my cards right, I could get out of the activity that was planned for tonight. Smiling my biggest, brightest smile, I wrapped my arms around his waist, told him that so far the day had been a pretty good one and asked him how his day was. Walking towards the living room, he said,

"I had a great day. Everything seemed to fall right into place for me."

Well, that WAS a good thing, I thought. Then, just as I got my hopes soaring, he continued...

"And, it's going to be an even better night."

Hearing my quick intake of air, Nate smiled, gave me a wink that said he knew what I was thinking and continued on into the living room, leaving me to stare after him. I heard him chuckle to himself as he sat in front of the TV. to watch the news. Before I knew what I was doing, I had picked up the cordless phone and caught myself just in time to resist the urge to throw it at the back of his head. That would probably just make it worse, I thought. Much to my surprise, I heard him say as I placed it back in its cradle,

"Good thinking, littlie lady. That would have been a BIG mistake."

Only then did I notice that he hadn't turned the television on yet and could see my reflection in the shiny black screen. I smiled, stuck out my tongue(after he turned the set on, of course) and went back into the kitchen to finish fixing dinner. Just as I was putting the finishing touches on, I heard a knock at the door. Nate went to answer it and I heard a familiar voice greeting Nate. Brad?? What was he doing here? I wondered. Then I heard Rachel’s voice too. Ok, what was the deal?