View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
rangerboy

Responsibility and Respect

Hi Gang,

Haven't done much posting or replying of late; this silly 'ol business called "life" seems to keep intruding.

Last night I sat out in the garage and enjoyed a cigar and the quite of late evening and did some thinking.

I don't want this to come off as a lecture.....it isn't. This is a spanking forum and a place to exchange ideas so that's what I hope to accomplish with this post. Your comments and observations, favorable or not favorable are welcome.

There is an old saying, "To those whom much is given, much is expected." Allow me to address that to those of us who Top. Our bottoms have entrusted us with a very intimate part of themselves....whether they are out of the closet, post to blogs or secret spankos.....they trust us. We have a responsibility to respect them and look after their needs.

If they are exploring new areas....maybe new implements, corner time, scolding, B&D...whatever it may be.....we may be "in charge" but the Bottom is "in control." A Bottom (in my view anyway) should never put themselves in a position where they can't stop or at least moderate the play.....that is for their mental and physical safety.

Awhile back, a very dear friend of mine....a Bottom who was just starting to play......found herself in a very dangerous situation with a Top from out of town. I'll not betray confidence but suffice to say that it could have gone very, very badly. As it was, she was pretty shook up for a couple of weeks. Lesson learned but what a hell of a tuition.

Now in that vein, Bottoms have a responsiblity to ensure that a) they are playing with someone who will respect their limits and b) ensure that they have some viable means to stop the play if it exceeds their comfort level....in you zeal to play, don't let your personal safety be left behind. That's one of the great things about newbies going to parties....great place to find responsible Tops in a safe environment.

OK.....I've gone on long enough. 99% of the folks I've met in this scene are salt of the earth....marvelous, funny, sensitive, caring...I just can't say enough. The tiny handful who would prey on the vulnerable....well we don't need them.

Just my thoughts....would love to hear yours.

Love one another and be safe.....wish May was here....there a couple of out of town Bottoms who are WAY overdue....

rangerboy