View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 01:22 PM

Interesting to see people with experience with the switch.Thats an implement you don't see discussed a lot on spanking sites. In fact, when you say "switch" its assumed you are talking about people who like to both give and receive spankings.
The switch was a very common tool of discipline in the rural South where I grew up, and I suspect in other rural parts of the country too. I suspect one reason its use has declined is because we are a more urban society. People have small yards or no yards in the case of apartment dwellers. No handy trees or bushes like country folk had
I remember hearing when was maybe 10 or so other family members talking about what had happened to a distant teenage cousin. She had not gone home on the school bus after school, but went off with a boy in his car.
When she got home,so I remember hearing, her mother lifted up her dress and gave her a switching on the bare bottom(can assume she pulled down her panties).I remember the phrase "left stripes on it." And had this strange excited feeling hearing this. So like I say my "spanko brain cells" go way back.
One of my favorite spanking scenarios/fantasies is in fact maternal discipline of teen or adult daughters. On the other hand,father/daughter scenes are not something I care for at all, for whatever reason.
As Jenny pointed out, it was common to use the switch on the legs as as well as or instead of the bottom.Oldtimers would speak of someone "getting a switching on the naked legs" so this must not have been uncommon.
I have often thought, that given the modern trend of more revealing fashions, that girls are lucky the switch has fallen out of use. I also wonder whether back in the 40s and 50s when fashions like short shorts and bikinis first came on the scene-and when parental corporal discipline was still widely accepted, if some girls might very well have gotten their legs switched by conservative parents or other adults in authority. Would not be surprising.