View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM

i wasn't going to reply to this thread because i really wasn't spanked often, or in the way that many people were spanked as children (or like any of us are spanked now). usually just one swat, as i mentioned elsewhere.

but everyone else's openness has led me to think of one experience where i did receive more than one swat. i was very young, possibly around 4 or 5 years old, and i was at the next-door neighbors' house. they had two children, my best friend who was my same age and his older sister who was probably around 11 or something like that. there were also other people visiting, family friends of theirs or something.

i really don't remember what happened at the neighbors' house but i did something silly and the older sister said to me, "you can't do that, we have company!" i was a very sensitive kid and this sentence mortified me. i started crying and went home.

my mother was alarmed by how upset i was when i got there and asked me what happened. but i was too embarassed to get it out. i refused to tell her.

she brought me to my room and i think my sister was there too. the details are foggy but i know that she swatted me repeatedly, insisting that i tell her what was said. i think that there had been some instances in the past where my friend and his sister had blamed things on me unfairly and the like-- that's the only reason i can think of for this to be such a big deal to her. but i was really too embarassed to say and i held my ground.

eventually we went to the community pool and i wasn't allowed to swim until i told her what was said. nearer to the end she was taking a gentler approach but i believe i was also swatted there as i continued to refuse. eventually i gave up and let it slip.

i do remember that it was one of those things that, once i finally said it, i didn't understand why i had been so afraid up until then. and i'm sure my mother thought the same thing! i remember my dad being the primary source of physical discipline but this one instance was all about my mom.

persephone's submission