View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Thumbs up

I just started going through the posts and found this on particularly interesting. Thanks for posting Magus. I think this is a very good list for those who misunderstand our lifestyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
9. ... That people into spanking are not weird or damaged.... well, not necessarily anyway... they are just wired a certain way.
I really liked this part because while I can freely admit that I'm probably weird and deranged, it is not because I'm a spanko. Everyone has issues, I know I have mine but it is not because I like spanking and I don't like spanking because of them. I think the main thing that non spanking people need to grasp is that whatever oppinion they have about the matter it's an adult consentual decision and no body is forced in to it. A lot of people are in to things i'm not, but as long as nobody is being forced to do something they don't want and nobody is getting hurt (at least in a way they don't want to be) I just don't watch or join their groups.

That's my favorite part of the forum and the clubs and community, that I can enjoy spanking and not have anyone judge me for it. For example I' not in to M/M anything and I had a good friend who was. I never judged him about homosexuality because I don't do that kind of thing, but when i told him about spanking his reply was "what the hell's wrong with you?". After discussion he was accepting, but I should't have to have discussion to be accepted. I don't mind explaining to those who don't understand or especially those who are interested, but it annoys me when someone tells me what I like is wrong because it's not what they like.

And so before I go on a tangent (or more of one ) I just wanted to toss my 2 cents in....