Thread: Crying
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanked~amber View Post
Well said RG ! My opinion, which doesn't always account for much, lol, is this;
those who are on the outside of our spanking world that are giving their negative opinions as they peer in at us, need to mind their own beeswax. I don't want to sound rude but really ! Everyone has their kinks, hobbies, interests and so forth. I think it is rude to criticize someone's interest in something out of ignorance. Worst though, is when they spout these opinions in the presence of a sub or bottom like you mention. Focus is what kept me determined to follow through with my curiosity of spanking in the adult world. I'm so glad I did !
Amber, I agree with you completely. Just to clarify my own comments, I was referring to people INSIDE the spanking world! LOL. I've seen a lot of folks, both Tops and bottoms, who have these preconceived notions of how spanking works or should work, and apply that to everyone.

I, by the way, I got a chuckle at your "beeswax" usage. That was common where I grew up, too, but think that in general it has fallen out of disuse in most of the U.S. I wonder if that's another of our "Southernisms?"