Thread: Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboy View Post
Arrogant, self absorbed know-it-alls.
"Help Desks" where it takes you thirty minutes to finally talk to a human who turns out to be very little help at all.
Disrespectful young people.
Screaming kids in public places....yes little kids get tired, hungry, upset..etc. and don't know how to behave...but the parents can at least remove the source of annoyance.
Folks who think everything is some else's fault. Take some responsibilty.....our mistakes are truly our own.
Mean spirited people.
People who don't stand respectfully when the National Anthem is played....if you aren't a patriot, that's you business but have some respect.

Guess I sound like a grouch....sorry.....I'm really a pretty nice guy.

rangerboy
Rangerboy, we Texans must think alike. I agree with all of these. But the 2 that particularly drive me crazy are:

1) Arrogant know-it-alls. These folks are usually so self-absorbed that they don't even realize what know-it-alls they are being. I run into them on a daily basis, both in the spanking website business and in my vanilla life. Knowing you are a Civil War buff Rangerboy, it would be like someone coming in and telling you about Civil War history when he/she MIGHT be able to tell you that the Civil War happened in the 1860s.

2) People with a lack of responsibility. The immediate knee-jerk reaction for these folks when something goes wrong is to blame either a situation or another person rather than accepting blame themselves.

For example, a very popular video we shot a few years back, with a very popular model (who will remain nameless! LOL) had a very real-life situation. She was being punished for having too many "pending" bills. Her response? "Things got ahead of me." Not, "I'm behind in my bills." But "things got ahead of me." My business partner Draytone and I rewound that scene and watched it over and over and just laughed and laughed, repeating the line "things got ahead of me." I still chuckle about that to this day! And we all love this particular model too. It's just that whole "can't possbily be my fault" thing...