View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:02 PM

Chris, you'll notice that in my post I noted that the premise for the arrest might not be good. I entirely understand what you're saying.

I'm separating the issues. I think the arrest for the issue at hand shouldn't have happened. But since it did, who better than Katie and Jack to suffer the unfair consequences? They went beyond manipulation and lied and defrauded the kink community to steal--that's not too strong a word--their money.

I have no sympathy for them. While the kink community does not deserve these kinds of laws or actions, Katie and Jack are getting just what's coming to them. (And, no, I was not one to lose money to them. I thought they had issues all along.)

I don't mean that in any negative way toward you at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scChris View Post
Hey all,
I have not posted on this board before. So Hi. Anyway, I am aware of all the lies Katie Spades used to manipulate people in the scene, and I realize she has a karmic smackdown coming to her. On the other hand, any time the law comes down on the kinksters, is it really a good thing? I mean, what about the professionals in the spanking scene, some of which are friends. There are those who find it difficult to get their spanking needs met and therefore seek out pros, both top and bottom. I would hate to see a crackdown on these people. Yes, it is Katie Spades. True she is a F$%# up. But still, I don't think an arrest of this nature is something to celebrate. Just my opinion.
Chris in Santa Cruz