View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonbottom View Post
Although a confirmed spanko who has had many experiences of being spanked form an early age but kept very private, I have now given in to the urge to find out more of what goes on 'out there'. One thing has puzzled me. I . except for a few instances, have always been spanked by hand - usually on the bare bottom - and the use of implements such as hard hair brushes, canes etc I regard as almost an assault. A firm hand on a bottom can get the message home well enough without inflicting serious pain or brusing. I understand that everyone is entitled to their own thing but as I said I just don't get the inflicting of really serious pain on another.
Am I wrong? maybe I should just keep to myself and get on with my thing.
First, I'll point out that "abuse" has to do with the issue of consent and the attitudes of the participants. It's unrelated to the implement(s) used or the level of discomfort involved.

While some implements may be able to cause greater discomfort or marking than others, the actual results will depend mainly on the way the implements are used. A hand spanking from Dallas (of www.dallasspankshard.com) can be far more severe than a playful session with a small leather paddle or even a fairly light caning from someone who knows how to use a cane. So it's really up to the participants to decide what degree of discomfort or marking is desirable or appropriate for them. Then it's up to the (hopefully responsible) spanker to create the desired effects with the implement(s) selected. And of course communication between the participants during the spanking is vital in order to achieve the desired results.