Thread: 77% Enjoy It?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah thorne View Post
So, I picked up a Glamour magazine this past Thanksgiving Weekend (even got a pic or two of RG reading it...hehehehe ) specifically for the featured "Do's and Don't's of Sex" Apparently they did a poll back in 2003 as well and some of the same questions were given in the 2007 poll.

So, there are a series of do's and don'ts, obviously and then the percentages of it being a Do or Don't is listed after it. If there was a big discrepancy between male and female answers, then they listed the percentages according to gender. For example, the anal sex question listed a higher percentage of men saying it was a "Do" than women. Dirty Talk was a Don't to most women.

Towards the very end of the poll, it said "who's up for a little S&M?" -- and it listed 70% (I think, or close to that) that was up for 'biting, being tied up and hair pulling." The next question asked whether or not spanking was a Do or Don't ----- and a whopping 77% (between both men and women) said it was a DO. Not only that, Glamour made it a point to notate that the percentage was up from the 2003 poll, where only 63% had said spanking was a "DO".

I showed it to RG's daughter in law with a smile and she said, "Oh yeah, I believe that. It's just that no one ever talks about it."

So there ya are --- more than 3/4 mainstream accepted.

sarah
I love it! Thanks for posting, Sarah. See, there are lots of us in the closet!