View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 AM

I went to elementary school in Philadelphia. While there were rumours that the principal USED to have a paddle handy for just such an emergency, there were never any spankings dished out by teachers. I don't think they can do that in PA.

I went to middle school (6th - 8th grade) in Nashville TN. People got paddled there all the time for just about anything. The guilty party was always taken out into the hallway and given three swats with some giant paddle, and another teacher had to be present to observe. One time, the science teacher went around checking to see who did their homework. Six kids who didn't do theirs were lined up and taken out one by one for swats. I sat there thanking the Lord that I had done mine and considered a career in teaching. TN is still one of 22 states that has CP in schools.

I went to high school in central Virginia. There wasn't any CP there either, although I believe it MIGHT have been dished out in VA elementary schools. I never bothered to ask about it. The town I lived in was one of these small towns where everybody knew each other so well that if you got in trouble over at a friend's house, you probably got spanked by THEIR parents.