View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 09:04 AM

So Megan arrives! And tardy again, I see, as usual. The forum is already well off and running on it's new start. Perhaps a trip to the principals office might be in order here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1975 View Post
BTW, I am confident RG will concur that my senior year paddling was wholly undeserved.
Megan, in all the years that I've known you and that goes back to...hmmm...I don't recall exactly now, but well back into the 90's, not too terribly long after you got out of school...I have no doubt that there are very few things that have come to pass for you on your own volition, good or bad, that you have not richly deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
In all events, I am looking forward to participating in this forum.
And in all events, I am sure that this new forum will be significantly enhanced by your presence.

So that being said and another of my long term friends having arrived, let me do a bit of an introduction for Megan.

There are many things to be said about her, but I'll highlight one of the perhaps more unexpected. Some of you may recall that my old website, Paddled At School, has been mentioned here a time or two in passing. It was a website devoted to the gathering and offering of factual information about school paddling in the U.S., and involved many aspects. There we news articles and other printed articles, video clips from television reports, pictures of all sorts, transcripts of interviews with real people (not the internet fantasizers) who had been paddled at school or had some significant other experience with it, a very active message board base, and more. It was one of a rare handful of websites devoted to factual information and I worked hard to make it successful. There was a little behind-the-scenes confraternity of sorts of the providers of factual CP sites, which included Colin Farrells World Corporal Punishment Research site and Paul's Spanking Facts and Research site (I invited Paul to join here today, as a matter of fact). I say all of that not to brag on the site, which suffered its sad demise a few years ago when the service provider killed it, but to note that it was a site into serious research at a high level. And that statement is what brings me back to Megan! Megan ranks among the most prodigious researchers of factual information about real school paddling in American schools and, to a lesser degree, real information about spankings growing up, that I know! Her fun and free wheeling social style on the boards (a good bit of which you have already seen in her first post ), her relative youth (which is not quite-as-youthful as it once was), and, I think to some, the fact that she's female, can tend to cloud this aspect of her to most, I think, but I consider her to be among the top rank of the "profession" so to speak. She is responsible for a great deal of the material which ultimately appeared on PAS.

Megan was the owner of an old school paddling related website known as "Fiery Fannies," which, while it still had much to do with factual CP, also had a well-deserved reputation for a lot of fun tongue-in-cheek discussion, also. And I can warn you now that Megan often has her tongue implanted firmly into her cheek! So members beware.

She's a Southern patriot of the first order, well versed in theological thought and apologetics, a Tar Heel by birth and rearing, and an all-around good person to have on a board like MSF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1975 View Post
I see a couple of old friends here, including RG who is very familiar with the story of how a friend and I each received five licks in high school shortly before my 18th b-day in 1993.
This story is one of the most well written, detailed accounts of a school paddling that I have ever seen on the net, and I've seen more than a few. Later, as Megan and I collaborated more closely, she expanded the story some to include a few more details. On a serious note, I think she should post it under it's own title.

(NOTE TO GARY: Gary, I think that this is the time to start a "Real Life" discussion category, too, for the placement of such stories. I can tell you from long experience that having both fictional and rea life stories in the same group will grow to be very confusing. Megan's would be a great kick-off for the real life group.)

So welcome to Megan!