Thread: Safewords
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 07:28 PM

You know, I know it's not the "right" way, but I just can't bring myself to use safewords. I've taken so much grief for it, and I do understand the point of them, honestly I do. Nonetheless, when someone starts talking about them, I immediately tune myself out. I just don't want that last thread of control. I can't feel as if I've actually submitted if I can impose my will at any point merely by speaking a word.

I tell myself that it's okay because I would never interact with a Dom I didn't trust completely. Of course, reality has shown that it's not always the case and I have gotten myself into a bad situation or two where I should've used one. It just doesn't matter, I still can't bring myself to do it.

I figure if it's a health or danger concern, then even in the throws of whatever is occuring, then I should just as easily be able to say "you're breaking my arm!" as I could try to remember that the safeword was "pineapple", or whatever. BUT, that's just me... I'm by no means suggesting other people should follow my lead.