View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:11 PM

That's exactly why I'm not a fan of these groups. Suddenly battered women are being equated with Seal Hunting which should not happen. They get people's priorities all buggered up. There are two sides to the seal hunting story and they both make good points. And they both have misrepresented the truth many times. Personally I find it much more humane hunting animals in the wild with picks then to breed them in cages and fatten them up with steroids to the point they can't stand and then slaughter them. Something that happens on every farm in the world. My sarcasm is just because personally I think it's crazy that the protestors couldnt even land there helicopter on the ice due to global warming. Seals, along with many other marine mammals need ice to survive and they will not have it in 10 years regardless of the seal hunt or the protesting. Unfortunatly a video of seals being clubbed to death get's more reaction then a video of a seal searching pointlessly for a patch of ice.
My comments arent just pointless criticisms. I honestly feel that these protests are detracting attention from reality. If you honestly feel that attacking the economy of an underpopulated country that seems to be able to maintain a decent equalibrium between man and nature is the best use of your time then post away. We are all entitled to our opinions. Including me!