View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 12:44 PM

"Not Now Maybe Later"

I may catch some hell for this one, but this is just something I HAVE to get out of my system BEFORE I attend TASSP in 3 days, 21 hours

When I attended Shadowlane parties, I would occasionally inquire about a scene with a potential play partner only to be told "Not now, but Maybe Later." At the time, I was naive enough to take this at face value, such that when I ran into the same person a few hours later, I would inquire again.
This was usually met with " Oh, I just played, but Maybe Later.".

It took about three parties before someone pointed out that "When a girl says 'Not Now but Maybe Later', she's politely trying to tell you 'Not in a million years under ANY circumstances'". By that time, I had developed this nasty reputation of being a "relentless" person who "never takes NO for an answer". That's simply not true. I DO take NO for an answer. I just don't take "Maybe Later" as a "NO".

Ladies, being a spankee and/or being a submissive (and yes, there's a BIG difference between the two ) does NOT mean that you have no backbone.
Sure, rejection hurts, but the short sharp pain of rejection is nothing compared to being strung along under false hopes for 3 or 4 days.
And it's REALLY nothing compared to the agony that a tarnished reputation carries with it.

So when you're confronted with someone that you just don't want to play with.....just say "NO".

Ok, now that I have that out of my system, I can party with folks I know