View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 11:02 AM

There's always been a distinct division between the spanking community and the BDSM community. Most folks in the spanking community say "Oh I'm not kinky! I'm not perverted like those whips and chains people. I just enjoy spanking " Meanwhile folks in the BDSM community say things like "Spanking is passe, it's 101, ANYONE can do that.", completely ignoring the nuances and style in what we do and implying there's no skill involved when in fact I've observed a lot of SLOPPY technique which is inexcusable.

BDSM to me is a lifestyle mentality that covers ALL aspects, not just play. As a top, it's a major charge to give someone an order saying "This is what you will wear today, this is the schedule you will keep..." etc, but the division between fantasy and reality lies in knowing the person you're with and knowing where lines are drawn.

I'd like to think on this forum that we're more open to folks who enjoy "heavier" elements of fetish play like flogging, bondage, single tails etc. We just put more emphasis on spanking because that's what we love most