View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 AM
AlfredS

Chris and Caroline

My first attempt at fiction!

It had been a normal day at the office and I arrived home just a few minutes after 5:30. I grabbed the mail and went inside, set down my briefcase and coat, and fell into the lazyboy. Caroline was already home and came downstairs to great me.
“Hey Chris, How was your day?” she asked as she reached down and kissed me on the cheek.
“Not too bad…same ole stuff,” I answered as I opened the credit card bill. I had been waiting on this one as Caroline and I had had several conversations on the need to cutback spending. I was hoping to be able to put a little towards savings this month.
I should have known by the sudden nervousness in Caroline when she noticed what envelope that I was opening. Not only had the bill not gone down, it was nearly twice what it was last month!
“Caroline, what is this?” I said with a touch of disbelief that was quickly becoming anger.
“Chris, I had to have new shoes, a new dress, and a new bag for that meeting last week,” she said with a pleading look in her eyes. Now, don’t get me wrong. I know that she needs things for her career as well as I need them for mine, but I happened to know she had several nice pairs of shoes and dresses that she had rarely, if ever, worn!
“Caroline, you know that you have plenty of nice clothes. You know it is important for us to save some money right now as well.”
“I know…I know” she said while looking down.
“I don’t know any other way to get through to you. It has been a while…and obviously too long. I will be spanking you at Seven O’clock”
I had had enough of this. Continually her frivolous spending had been keeping us from obtaining our joint goals. We had decided on a domestic discipline marriage three years ago when we got married. Caroline is a good wife…for the most part. She was raised spoiled, but with good values. Her biggest challenge continues to be realizing that we are supporting ourselves and that it is not her daddy paying for all her extravagances anymore. In three years, I had spanked her maybe a half dozen times. Nearly everyone of those had been successful in correcting behavior. She has been spanked for ignoring her turn to do laundry, for speaking rudely to me in front of guests, for being out waaaay too late with her friends, and for a drunken episode where she was just a little too flirty. All those showed immediate changes in behavior. The others had been for her spending. They had shown some temporary improvement, but soon she would forget and we were back in the same boat.
Caroline and I agreed when we first decided to do domestic disciple that her spankings would be “real” spankings. We both knew for them to be effective that they had to be hard, long, and painful. We also decided when setting down these initial guidelines that I would, depending on the severity of her misbehavior, choose the implement to be used for each spanking. All but one of her spankings had been hand spankings. The one exception being when she was too flirty with another man…that one earned her the belt. The belt had left some pretty good welts on her bare bottom and it made a huge impression on her mentally. I don’t think she will ever grab another man’s crotch again!
“Chris! It was for work. I had to have that!”
“Caroline, I am not going to argue with you. You could have made it without it. This is classic disrespect for what we both say we want to accomplish. This is also not the first time that we have had this discussion. I’ve had it. I will be up in the bedroom at seven. Have the chair in position and ready and lay out the hairbrush.”
“The hairbrush? Chris, I don’t know. That sounds a bit extreme.” I could see the fear in her eyes. Maybe this time we would get the correction we desired.
“Look Caroline. You are only making it worse by being defiant. This time I am going to make an impression on you that you won’t forget.” I said to her in my most stern and calm voice. The look I gave her left no doubt what was going to happen.
Not only could I see fear in her eyes, but also that wonderful feeling of anticipation. She knew she was wrong…knew she needed a correction…and knew that this one was going to hurt.