View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
rangerboy

Remember Those Who Serve at Christmas Time

Dear Forum Friends,

As we close out 2007, we will have been at war in Iraq for nearly five years and over six in Afghanistan. I'll admit that I'm starting to grow a tad skeptical about the wisdom of our Middle East policies but that is irrelevant to this post.

As a veteran and unapologetic patriot, I'd ask once again that you remember those who serve. I spent more Christmas' than I care to recall away from my family......and it sucks....really, really badly sucks.

If you know of a young man or woman who is serving overseas, please drop them a card or a note and let them know that you appreciate their sacrifices. Believe me...it means so much. Or if your business, office, school or some other organization has a letter and card writing campaign for the troops....please take a moment to participate.

I remember one year in Korea and another in the Persian Gulf when we received boxes of cards and letters from total strangers.....what a boost to morale!!!!!!!

OK....that's my speech. I hope every single one of you has a Very Happy Holiday Season......

Warmest regards,

rangerboy