Thread: When's enough ?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanked~amber View Post
SpankER's; When you give a spanking with the purpose of "teaching a lesson" what makes you decide when that is accomplished ? Is it determined by what the offense is and a set amount of swats ect ? Or is it judged by the spankee's responses ?
In my case it's judged on both, with more emphasis on the response of the offender and less on the offense committed. When spanking is used, I think that it needs to be something that gets into the recipient's basket, something beyond what she can take in her head and desparately wants to stop, but without getting brutal. But I would also emphasize that actual spanking is only a piece, and not even the major piece, of trying to achieve real behavior change. As a foundation I think that one must know as well as possible the one over whom they have authority, in both personality and in the details of their lives and the circumstances. Whether romantic or platonic, there must actually be a human relationship and a genuine care and concern for the person. Beyond that, it's necessary (to be effective) for the one in charge to actually have some maturity, to understand the real difference between true disciplinary spanking and spanking to tickle some kink need (for either party), and to use spanking as only one item in a much larger picture of guidance. And lastly, without getting too long in words, I would point out that much more behavior change is achieved through positive involvement (read that again-involvement), encouragement, praise, and frequent follow-up than through direct punishment, including spanking.

Speaking only for myself, tried and true methods, these are.