View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Daniels View Post

... For me it actually takes away from the experience of the spanking because I am so focused on staying still I cannot really be present in the moment for the true experience of the actual spanking. Does anyone else relate to that?
... I contend there is also a place for being free to experience the spanking in the moment and react and respond to in a natural fashion. Whatever that may be for the person involved.
Veronica
This makes very much sense to me. I have the same reasoning about counting--it's not a natural response and is distracting, much like trying to hold a position. I would be interested to hear from people who do find it truly helpful to have to stay in place, and why they find it helpful. For me, such requirements remove a vital aspect of the experience, the ability to completely let go and just feel what's going on, and make it all much less satisfying.

I actually find much more freedom in being restrained (manually or mechanically) and knowing that even if I wanted to move, I couldn't... or in just doing whatever seems to be natural at the time. If someone asked me to not move a muscle and imposed a penalty for doing so, then I probably would choose not to play with that person again. There's nothing wrong with it per se, just doesn't run my motor.