View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyspk View Post
BTW, if it were not for the granddaddy of 'em all, Nu-West, none of the rest of us would exist. They alone are responsible for much of my dementedness (is that a word?).
I'm going to disagree slightly here, Gary, in the sense that I do think that there would still be a spanking world out there for us to inteact with, even if Nu-West had not come onto the scene. I think that with the advent of better communictions, turbo-charged by the Internet, that the emergence of the spanking community, and for a niche of that to be commercialized, was inevitable.

Now, that being said, I think that doesn't take any credit away from Nu-West at all. Someone had to break that barrier first, to have the vision to break that barrier, to have the courage to be the first to do so in a potentially unwelcoming world (and much more unwelcoming then than now), and as a result be the door opener for many to follow. Nu-West did all of that, and will always hold a special place in the founding history of the commercial and online world. Ed did it, and can take much satisfaction in seeing what has transpired from the moves that he made all those years ago.