myspankingforum.com Forums

myspankingforum.com Forums (http://www.myspankingforum.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (http://www.myspankingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Katie Spades Busted! (http://www.myspankingforum.com/showthread.php?t=761)

RG_ 09-09-2007 05:15 PM

Katie Spades Busted!

...and NOT with a hairbrush!

Watch the following on the Boston news:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=4963

Read the following on the Channel 7 website:
http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO60878/

Whether or not one agrees with the premise for the arrest, I suspect that few--very few--in our community are going to shed tears over this one.

(PS - also note the age. Since this is "official," I suspect that it confirms that Katie was lying about this, too. :D )

scChris 09-09-2007 08:05 PM

Hey all,
I have not posted on this board before. So Hi. Anyway, I am aware of all the lies Katie Spades used to manipulate people in the scene, and I realize she has a karmic smackdown coming to her. On the other hand, any time the law comes down on the kinksters, is it really a good thing? I mean, what about the professionals in the spanking scene, some of which are friends. There are those who find it difficult to get their spanking needs met and therefore seek out pros, both top and bottom. I would hate to see a crackdown on these people. Yes, it is Katie Spades. True she is a F$%# up. But still, I don't think an arrest of this nature is something to celebrate. Just my opinion.
Chris in Santa Cruz

BlackVelvet007 09-09-2007 09:36 PM

I'm not sure I'd agree that most of the girls soliciting for private sessions are "our friends". I do appreciate Chris playing devil's advocate though.

Here in NY we have the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF) led by Susan Wright to support people in our scene who are undergoing legal hassles because of their orientation. I recommend folks Google NCSF to and check out their website. Susan and her team do excellent work for folks who truly need it. And an inexpensive membership goes a long way in support.

Woodenhand 09-09-2007 09:36 PM

obviously Katie Spades was nothing more than a manipulative... well there isn't any need to call her names, it's obvious what she was and more importantly what she wasn't, she does have a lot coming to here, but I agree, this is nothing but bring negative attention to all of us out here who fall under the "other than vanilla" catagory, it's a shame, a darned shame

LondonTanner 09-09-2007 09:55 PM

I tend to agree with Chris. Whatever my thoughts on Miss Spades, it is bad when anyone gets busted doing what we do whether they be proffesional or not, it reflects on our whole lifestyle and we need to learn to stick together if we ever hope to achive sexual equality.
~Ian www.TheLondonTanners.com

Improving behavior one girl at a time

RG_ 09-09-2007 10:02 PM

Chris, you'll notice that in my post I noted that the premise for the arrest might not be good. I entirely understand what you're saying.

I'm separating the issues. I think the arrest for the issue at hand shouldn't have happened. But since it did, who better than Katie and Jack to suffer the unfair consequences? They went beyond manipulation and lied and defrauded the kink community to steal--that's not too strong a word--their money.

I have no sympathy for them. While the kink community does not deserve these kinds of laws or actions, Katie and Jack are getting just what's coming to them. (And, no, I was not one to lose money to them. I thought they had issues all along.)

I don't mean that in any negative way toward you at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scChris (Post 5815)
Hey all,
I have not posted on this board before. So Hi. Anyway, I am aware of all the lies Katie Spades used to manipulate people in the scene, and I realize she has a karmic smackdown coming to her. On the other hand, any time the law comes down on the kinksters, is it really a good thing? I mean, what about the professionals in the spanking scene, some of which are friends. There are those who find it difficult to get their spanking needs met and therefore seek out pros, both top and bottom. I would hate to see a crackdown on these people. Yes, it is Katie Spades. True she is a F$%# up. But still, I don't think an arrest of this nature is something to celebrate. Just my opinion.
Chris in Santa Cruz

CaliSpanker 09-09-2007 10:06 PM

Damn, I'm never posting on craigslist again.

garyspk 09-09-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RG_ (Post 5821)
Chris, you'll notice that in my post I noted that the premise for the arrest might not be good. I entirely understand what you're saying.

I'm separating the issues. I think the arrest for the issue at hand shouldn't have happened. But since it did, who better than Katie and Jack to suffer the unfair consequences? They went beyond manipulation and lied and defrauded the kink community to steal--that's not too strong a word--their money.

I have no sympathy for them. While the kink community does not deserve these kinds of laws or actions, Katie and Jack are getting just what's coming to them. (And, no, I was not one to lose money to them. I thought they had issues all along.)

I don't mean that in any negative way toward you at all.

RG, once again I've purposely tried to stay out of the comments on this thread. But I gotta step in here for just a moment.

This whole thing with Katie and Jake is very sad. They contacted me about 2 years ago with grandiose (sp?) ideas of selling their personal spanking videos. I really didn't think they fit us that much, but I encouraged them to go for it. The new people at RealSpankings bit and started buying some of their videos. Then Katie and Jake started their own deal. And somewhere along the way, it all took a wrong turn. It's too bad that it's turned out like this.

I REALLY hate that the "bust" involves paid discipline. I do think that has its place and I certainly hope that isn't what brings them down. My guess (after reading several accounts of this fiasco) is that there was prostitution implied. If that's so, then that is the reason why this has turned into such a big deal. I'm not saying that's what Katie and Jake intended because I really do not know. But I do know if the cops thought there was prostitution, that's why it's turned into such a big story.

Regardless, this is another incident that puts a black eye on our fetish. And I know all of us hate that.

spankingprincess2005 09-10-2007 02:38 AM

:rolleyes: serves that bitch right she lied to the spanking community i am glad she got arrested ..

sarah thorne 09-10-2007 10:51 AM

My, she's looking pretty well for someone who's been prowling the internet for money under the guise of dying and needing help meeting her healthcare expenses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonTanner (Post 5819)
I tend to agree with Chris. Whatever my thoughts on Miss Spades, it is bad when anyone gets busted doing what we do whether they be proffesional or not, it reflects on our whole lifestyle and we need to learn to stick together if we ever hope to achive sexual equality.
~Ian www.TheLondonTanners.com

I don't think we should ever condone or support fraudulent behavior, whether it be in our lifestyle or not. Because then that behavior reflects on us as a community. We don't have to denounce what they did to denounce the way they went about doing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scChris (Post 5815)
Hey all,
I mean, what about the professionals in the spanking scene, some of which are friends. There are those who find it difficult to get their spanking needs met and therefore seek out pros, both top and bottom. I would hate to see a crackdown on these people.

The "professionals" I know do their work within the law that governs their kinds of business.

In public interviews prior to all of this, she admitted to defrauding the spanko community as a fake, admitted to making thousands upon thousands of dollars in doing it, slammed the community in the process calling it 'sick' among other words and then feigned terminal illness (her myspace page was one place I saw it) to defraud people of even more money.

Being proven liars, I have a hard time believing Jake when he claims Katie did nothing illegal and 'threw the guy out'. If the cops were conversing with her through electronic means, I am sure they have the conversations that implied either directly or indirectly that 'extra' services were available for an additional fee. Also, with prostitution stings, the transaction and agreement has to take place before the arrest happens. That falls under prostitution which, like it or not, is illegal in most areas. I think the other stuff mentioned in the news stories ("dungeon" "S&M", "sex toys", etc) just made the story more sensational.

Someone mentioned something on another forum, which I found to be a good point. There is a difference in how the law extends to individual activity and to commercial activity. Even charging for spanking services, or any service in the vanilla world, and making it a 'business' comes with laws governing those businesses. With certain businesses come zoning laws, tax laws, and when/how one can operate. In many locales, businesses considered of an 'adult' nature have laws applying to them apart from normal business laws. In some places it is illegal entirely. Many places that are rented (an apartment, for instance) can not be used to run or carry out business activities unless there is a specific contract that deems it alright to do so. And even then, local zoning laws can override that.

I can't run a daycare in my home unless I meet certain criteria under the law - and I must report my income.

I sell spanking erotica through my website and another commercial website. The money I generate is reported to the IRS. That's the law. What I do in this regard to make extra income is not illegal - but dodging the law in order to do it *is*.

In my opinion, this is not a matter of individual right, but a matter of business law. And illegal activity (prostitution) as alluded to in reports. The news never tells the whole story, so none of us can really make a fully informed judgment on whether the arrest was unjust or not. But just looking at their past behavior of manipulative and downright fraudulent activity, I doubt very seriously the police arrested them for simply being kinky.

IMO, it's not the cops who create the 'black eye' - it's people like Katie and Jake who give the unfair impression that our community can not be trusted by simple association. It kills me that people are still willing to believe that they are being truthful in that they 'did nothing', simply because they are (supposedly) "one of us". That's like saying OJ should get off because of his skin color.

I hope they dig further and find out about all their fraud. I hope the IRS and attorney general are sicced on them.

ps - when I find the links to the interviews, I will post them. I didn't save them, but I have a source who knows where all this stuff is at!

sarah