myspankingforum.com Forums

myspankingforum.com Forums (http://www.myspankingforum.com/index.php)
-   How To's (http://www.myspankingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Would not let me post (http://www.myspankingforum.com/showthread.php?t=544)

Redskinluver 06-16-2007 08:01 AM

Would not let me post

Awhile ago I posted a reply to thread and got a message that I was not permitted to post, to log in.
But I was already logged in and it showed I was logged in. But it would not accept the post. Ended up losing a lengthy entry. Why did it do that?
I logged in when I first opened the site, and it showed me as logged in.

garyspk 06-16-2007 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redskinluver (Post 4765)
Awhile ago I posted a reply to thread and got a message that I was not permitted to post, to log in.
But I was already logged in and it showed I was logged in. But it would not accept the post. Ended up losing a lengthy entry. Why did it do that?

Hmmm...I'm not sure excactly what happened there. I and some others have had funky things happen while posting through AOL. So try to bypass AOL if that's your internet provider. There might be a couple of other ISPs that aren't friendly to this forum also.

But I haven't seen any other kind of issues like that recently. Let me know if it happens again.

Redskinluver 06-16-2007 11:55 AM

I got in and posted ,using the "Post Reply" instead of Quick reply.
But even though I logged on when I first entered the site, but before it would accept the thread I had to log in again, even though it said "Welcome' when I logged in the first time. Strange to have to log in twice,
I do not use AOL as a provider,btw.

garyspk 06-16-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redskinluver (Post 4774)
I got in and posted ,using the "Post Reply" instead of Quick reply.
But even though I logged on when I first entered the site, but before it would accept the thread I had to log in again, even though it said "Welcome' when I logged in the first time. Strange to have to log in twice,
I do not use AOL as a provider,btw.

Redskinluver,

I've never had a problem when I log in first-thing, then go to the threads and post replies. It may just be dumb luck. And your problem may have just been a day when things were slow with the server for some reason too.

Let me know if you have trouble again.

Thanks.

Achilles 06-16-2007 02:43 PM

I think the system dumps you after a certain amount of idle time. Maybe while writing your post this happened?

If you think this may be happening, maybe copy your post to a text file before you post so you don't risk losing it if the system balks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redskinluver (Post 4765)
.... Ended up losing a lengthy entry. Why did it do that?